No announcement yet.

how hurt were pacquiaos and roachs egos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
    Neither would admit it but it must still sting til this day.

That's why I dislike Marquez deeply... For. Notgiving manny the chance to redeem it... No matter what was said before the fight, after the ko manny deserved to get another shot... Period

Marquez acted like someone who bet on a coin flip, lost and kept saying double or nothing, triple or nothing, quadruple or nothing... Finally when he won he walked away not giving his opponent a chance to win again... Pisses me off, and I'm Mexican
    They said it was the last fight before it even happened and they had 3 close fights and one brutal knockout. Normally rematches will take place after close fights but not after a knockout like that. If it was Marquez that got knocked out would the same people want to see a 5th fight? I doubt it, they just have a hard time swallowing what happened and still cant deal with it.

Comment

Pacquiao is still ahead against Marquez 2-1-1.Im pretty sure their still ok.

Comment

Roach and Pacquiao have obviously moved past it, they're professionals. However, as evidenced by this thread and ones like it, Pacquiao's supporters obviously haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by wence View Post
          after the marquez KO?

keep in mind all the fights marquez and pacquiao had
          and keep in mind how that year many of roach fighters lost
          Pac got knocked out the exact same way with torrecampo with that overhand hook while he jumped in with a jab

Comment

Originally posted by OutClassed View Post
            after that KO, FloydMyweather jr & Sr's anti-dope campaign should be focus on JMM LOL

since then im sure floyds 2009 USADA demand is a 100% roadblock.
            Of course they were hurt...who wouldn't? It's hurt business and it's expected. The only sick part are the haters reveling in one's pains - that's outside the ring stuffs.

Even split-decision wins by any fighters would hurt a bit for ANYONE's ego. ANYONE. (yes, even Mayweather like in Cotto, Maidana..etc.....or Pac's wins over Marquez). But to lose in this way wherein a "lighting was caught in a bottle" and that the momentum seemed in Pacquiao's favor towards the inevitable knocking out Marquez in this very fight...then this.

But by now, both egos should have been calmed by now. Pacquiao have moved on and made one of the greatest comeback in the light of events. Psychological and emotional hurdles seemed past him by now as he went on to win impressively against Rios, Bradley 2 and now Algieri.

The most baffling question is towards the author of this thread. Do you revel in Pacquiao's and Roach's ego being hurt? I understand if he "hates" both tandem.

I understand the emotion, but come on!

Comment

Working...
            X