Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vargas stand a chance against Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    Do any of you think that if Vargas were to make it 12 with Pac that he would have lost by 14 points?
    That's the saddest thing about this fight is that if by some miracle Vargas goes 12, no matter how bad he gets beaten, he might get a gift. He wouldn't even need 1 round to salvage a draw.

Comment

Big Pac fan but if this fight gets made I would be disgusted. This would be worse than the Algieri fight, Vargas might not lose by as many points (because of all those knockdowns) but he would get dominated even worse in every single round.

It's boxing and one punch is all it takes so we shouldn't say Vargas has no chance...but I can't think of a fight with a star like Pac where I felt like it was a mismatch as much as this would be. So to answer the poll: No chance

Comment

Vargas can be brave when he wants to, but he will be outgunned in every way imaginable! Pac will ruin this kids career... i don't want to see it happen.

Comment

Even while Under Mays promotion Vargas has been getting gift decisions, he is just not that good at all.

Maybe a C- or B- fighter at best.

Comment

If this fight happens, it will be the lowest of the low. Garcia vs Salka has nothing on it. If Manny agrees to it, he will forfeit any right to call Floyd a cherry picker.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
              If this fight happens, it will be the lowest of the low. Garcia vs Salka has nothing on it. If Manny agrees to it, he will forfeit any right to call Floyd a cherry picker.
              It's still better than Garcia/Salka. You're underestimating how terrible Garcia/Salka was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                He doesn't stand a chance and this fight shouldn't be made at all.
                this

and i give him less chances than algieri, vargas doesn't uses his legs like algieri

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  this

and i give him less chances than algieri, vargas doesn't uses his legs like algieri
                  Your right, he won't even be able to get away from the onslaught like Algeri did at times, he has less than average defense, less than average counter puncher, he will be a sitting duck all night long for Pac's left hand.

I'd even go as far to argue that he might be a easier target to hit at times than Rios, atlest Rios guards his face well when he goes into a shell, Vargas guard is wide open most of the time.

Comment

He has as much chance as Rios and Algieri

Comment

Horrible mismatch, but Vargas will still see the final bell, Pacquiao can't knock anybody out anymore. Vargas might even nab a few rounds here and there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X