Adonis Stevenson made more over $1.5 million for Sukhotsky fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis Stevenson made more over $1.5 million for Sukhotsky fight

In an article from f i g h t n e w s.

Promotoer Yvon Michel who stated Stevenson’s minimum is now 1.5 million and he made more than that tonight also stated, “He’s making a lot of money and perspective of big fights for next year are there too so things cannot be better for him. It doesn’t matter what critics are saying, he is doing the best with opponents he is given. We made a choice to go in a different direction with him and it didn’t work, it’s just a question of business t’s not because of his nature. Anybody they put in front of him, he did the best he could do. I don’t think there are a lot of guys ranked in the world who could more than five rounds with Adonis Stevenson. Does that mean he should not fight anybody? This guy was ranked #4 came here and believed he had a chance to beat Adonis and this tonight is what the champion has to do.”

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/stev...ra-next-274442

Great, ducks rewarded 7 figures for their cowardace.

Haymons stable is da place to be.

Another overhyped overpaid black western boxer.

Comment

on a friday night against a bum? okay

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Yong Jun View Post

Salty ass f**k are ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Yong Jun View Post

look at that sig

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
            In an article from f i g h t n e w s.

Promotoer Yvon Michel who stated Stevenson’s minimum is now 1.5 million and he made more than that tonight also stated, “He’s making a lot of money and perspective of big fights for next year are there too so things cannot be better for him. It doesn’t matter what critics are saying, he is doing the best with opponents he is given. We made a choice to go in a different direction with him and it didn’t work, it’s just a question of business t’s not because of his nature. Anybody they put in front of him, he did the best he could do. I don’t think there are a lot of guys ranked in the world who could more than five rounds with Adonis Stevenson. Does that mean he should not fight anybody? This guy was ranked #4 came here and believed he had a chance to beat Adonis and this tonight is what the champion has to do.”

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/stev...ra-next-274442
            and the problem is?

Comment

And people are mad he went with haymon lol. You woulda done the same

Comment

People didn't believe me when I said he was going to get that for this fight. He's has a guarantee and with Al involved, I assume Showtime footed that entire bill.

It really hurts the sport to pay certain fighters this kind of money of these kind of fights (Guerrero, Garcia, Broner did it earlier in the year). Spread that budget out to more fighters and better fights. This is Haymon's history dating back to the HBO days with Greenburg & Davis, where guys like Andre Berto were getting almost $2mill to fight easy fights in front of fewer than 1,000 fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  look at that sig
                  Zhang Yong is apparently a man of both great wisdom and fine taste.

(notice how the girl second from R just keeps bouncing?)
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-21-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Showtime are being robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X