Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think Wilder is actually any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone think Wilder is actually any good?

I honestly can't envision what people see as special in him outside of his power that he only carries in his straight right. He might beat Stiverne because to give Wilder some credit his straight right is a one punch lights out weapon but I would make Stiverne, Fury, Povetkin (I don't consider any of the previous 3 great fighters by any means) etc favourite over him not even mentioning Wlad.

He has no left hand, no jab, poor feet, not a clue about his chin or stamina, no experience. To me it seems like the power in the right hand and the fact that he looks in shape compared to most heavyweight has people fooled. What do people see in the guy? Genuine question.

Well he must be doing something right. I personally don't really rate him, his legs freak me out. I will wait to see how he does against Stiverne though.

Comment

it's hard to rate a fighter who hasn't faced any adversity

stiverne is a patient fighter with a pretty good defense, that alone should keep wilder from landing his devastating right hand and we'll just have to see if he can adapt

Comment

Like panda alluded to, we just can't tell...

Maybe when stiverne brings the pressure and goes to the body which is what he is gonna do, wilder turns into prime Floyd and has great movement.
        Last edited by jas; 12-21-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

He might not be much good. I have seldom seen a guy get a title shot without beating anyone ranked higher than 30.Maybe he can't take a punch or has some other weakness. It's hard to tell with his weak opposition. His next fight should show how good he is or isn't.

Comment

i really think he's going to be in for a very rude awakening against stiverne. i can see him being koed within one or two rounds

Comment

Same thoughts here TS, sure its nap time if he lands that windmill right but what if he can't or someone eats it and is still coming. I do not see any other redeemable qualities and honestly think he has not improved one bit since his pro debut.

Comment

We're going to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  We're going to find out.
                  Even if he beats Stiverne it will be the manner in which he does it that tell us anything. Wilder is a one handed fighter, if Wilder wins it will be a KO with a straight right because so far he hasn't shown anything else. He definitely cannot fight on the inside, just watch him try and throw hooks up close finishing Audley Harrison shows that.

If he goes in there and bombs Stiverne out then all it tells us is that he has power in his right hand, lets hope we get a few rounds out of Wilder and see if he has anything else at all.

Comment

If it ain't broke then don't fix it

If u don't need to change

This isn't an experiment

It's for the WBC title

And a wilder win is way better for boxing

Eliminates don king from the picture
                    Stiverne gives a boring interview

Comment

Working...
                    X