No announcement yet.

Cotto not playing arum and oscars game says date still up in air

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    money... that date and venue will bring more money for him and everyone involved... with money dances the dog....
    He's fought in Vegas 3 times already on someone else's homecourt. Why can't Canelo do it just once?

Comment

MSG seating capacity: 18,200
      MGM seating capacity: 16,800

So, it doesn't really matter if its at the MGM or MSG, since the seating capacity is about the same. Canelo wants MGM for the Mexican crowd and Cotto wants MSG for the Puerto-Rican crowd.

Cotto is the A-Side so it will be in MSG ...... Regardless of what ODLH, Arum or Canelo thinks.

Don't forget that Cotto is a "G" and wants it his way or the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post

So, it doesn't really matter if its at the MGM or MSG, since the seating capacity is about the same. Canelo wants MGM for the Mexican crowd and Cotto wants MSG for the Puerto-Rican crowd.

Cotto is the A-Side so it will be in MSG ...... Regardless of what ODLH, Arum or Canelo thinks.

I wouldn't say the 1,600 seat difference is negligible. That would depend on the average ticket price. If the average ticket price is $500, that's 800K more for the gate at MSG. But I think the average ticket price is higher in Vegas than MSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I wouldn't say the 1,600 seat difference is negligible. That would depend on the average ticket price. If the average ticket price is $500, that's 800K more for the gate at MSG. But I think the average ticket price is higher in Vegas than MSG.
          For this fight, the price is irrelevant because the Mexicans will pay top dollar if in Vegas. And if in New York, the Puerto Ricans will pay top dollar for tickets. Tickets will get sold out lightning fast. New York is more likely of a venue, than Vegas. And that's all I gotta say.

Comment

These fools will never learn. But Cotto is letting them HAVE IT, blasting their assumed dreams away.

Comment

Yeah let's all be happy and encouraged that CANELO vs cotto might not happen and therefore get lil floyd vs cotto 2 instead of floyd vs manny. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                He's fought in Vegas 3 times already on someone else's homecourt. Why can't Canelo do it just once?
                challenge wise you are right, but i see many people involved in this fight going for the most profitable option, not just canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                  Yeah let's all be happy and encouraged that CANELO vs cotto might not happen and therefore get lil floyd vs cotto 2 instead of floyd vs manny. Jesus.
                  If Cotto-Canelo happens in May, I think that brings the chance of Mayweather-Pacquiao happening down from 1% to 0%.

Mayweather-Cotto II is better than Cotto-Canelo IMO. But I understand if you'd rather see something fresh.

Comment

if that was the case the fight will take place at jerry's world or the alamodome, hard to beat that...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      challenge wise you are right, but i see many people involved in this fight going for the most profitable option, not just canelo...
                      Yes, but those 'profitable' options come packaged with disadvantages for Cotto, and advantages in favor of Canelo. And that dilutes the 'profitability' standpoint for Team Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X