• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my mind

I think broner destroys algeiri

Broner has fast hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      No doubt paulie has the better jab.. But it's the movement more than anything that will bother broner.. Plus algieri hits alittle harder than pauli.. He won't stop broner but I think he will get some respect that pauli didn't.. Plus the fresher legs.. In the 2nd half vs broner, pauli became too stationary at times and broner was able to land some good shots.. Algieri I think will be fresher and be able to stay moving, causing broner a lot of problems..

Broner like juan marquez, and james toney, struggles with movement, they need guys coming at them or be stationary to really have success...
      Spot on bro - I was going to elaborate on how it will be the movement more than the jab in this fight in the op but it got so long winded I thought I'd spare everyone the wall of text. glad you picked up on the point tho

Ultimately I think we're in agreement that it would be an interesting to see Broner up against someone who can move again - I guess I just think the comparison between Algieri's jab and Paulie's jab is a little lazy and misleading. It's literally the only punch Paulie is known for, it's his power punch. I feel that Paulie has displayed more ring generalship with his jab in his past fights. I can score rounds for him more comfortably based on his jab alone than I could for ALgieri, who I feel misses quite a bit with his.. Paulie can inch forward and hold the line with his jab, I dont think Algieri has that (not saying you are, just making the points).

It's an alright jab nonetheless, will still be a nuisance for Broner. Just a matter of degrees in this case.

I would like to see this one on the eastcoast somewhere.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-21-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X