No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Only Mayweather-Pacquiao May Move Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
    Arum said he doesnt wanna touch May , to leave it for the Mexican because it would be "disrespectful" to that country .. yet he had Pacquiao - Mosley on May 7, 2011.. Shane doesnt look Mexican to me.

stop deflecting , what does Haymon have to do with this, your boy Pacquiao is ducking and stays hiding behind Arum.
    Nevermind him. His trying to be clever but all his doing is following Pac-boy's lead into looking desperate and stupid.

Comment

Pacquiao fans have completely ruined boxing conversations. just look at this disgusting post. I hope n pray this fight happens, when Manny gets washed he takes all his fans with him into retirement. Back to normal afterwards, i have never seen a fighter with a more hateful, disgusting, racist fan base.
      I agree. That post was pretty disturbing making boxing fans look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, at least spell Manny's name correctly. He is your idol, is he not?
        Now, let's look at FACTS:
        May vs Canelo brought in 2.2 Million
        May vs Guerrero was 925k ppv
        May vs Maidana was 900k (give or take for each fight)

Your idol PAC brought in less than 400k PPV each in his last three fights with the last one bringing in ONLY 325k PPV.
        So where in the world are you getting your silly maths that Manny's PPV numbers are only 20% off from Mayweather's?????
        It's clearly not even half of what Mayweather brings in?

So go check your facts and educate yourselves about numbers. That said, Manny is a big star in his own rights to warrant at least a 35% share of PPV considering his fights have all FLOPPED
        Lol you don't even have your numbers straight. Manny Algieri did 400k or so according to bob arum, but in the same report yahoo sports said they heard from reliable sources it did 350k, Still the 4th highest grossing ppv of the year even if you use the lowest number, and that was against a no named opponent and it was Overseas which historically does low ppv numbers. His fight with Bradley did 800k ppv buys, and this was this year chico, Which according to some could be the second highest ppv of the year because some say mayweather maidana 2 only did about 775k. So Manny averaged about 600k while fighting 1 good fighter and 1 no named fighter, while Floyd averaged 900k against a fighter who has a big fanbase and it was viewed as a competitive fight and it was here in the states. If you only use this years numbers which would be ******ed because algieri brought nothing to the table compared to maidana, mayweather only did 50% better than manny which would mean a 60/40 split. I think the obvious thing to do would be to add up all of mayweathers 13 ppv buys (Which I did) and add up Mannys last 13 ppv's and you will find that Mayweather only did 20 percent better on average than pacquiao which would warrant a 54/46 split in mayweathers favor. That's the only fair way to do it, otherwise manny could fight canelo and terance Crawford next year and probably do 3 million ppv buys while mayweather fights khan and maybe danny Garcia and would get about 1.5 million. And then you mean to tell me manny deserves double the ppv based on that? Using your own logic which is b.s. and I just proved it, Manny deserves a 60/40 split based off of this years ppv buys
        Last edited by jjsmyth87; 12-17-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I really don't care about money or ppv buys or any of that, the only reason I pointed out the facts is because people are making it seem like manny doesn't deserve 50/50 or even 60/40 just because 2 out of his last 3 fights didn't hit 500k ppv's. Of coure they aren't going to they were basically no named opponents and thy fought in china! they already k new it wouldn't hit 500k! Mayweather vs algieri and mayweather vs rios woldnt crack 500k either!! Manny is as popular as ever though and He proved it by doing 800k ppv's against Bradley. He deserves 50/50 based on numbers and accolades, but if your just gong off numbers he deserves 55/45, if you want to screw manny pacquiao and stroke mayweathers ego by giving him what is rightfully manny's, do 60/40. Anything less than that and Mayweather is trying to take advantage and pacquiao should just say f u because that's what anyone in his position would do when mayweather is trying to screw them. Mayweather needs pacquiao more than pacquiao needs mayweather.

Comment

And Cotto's camp adds this to bury this excuse:

"May 2nd isn’t a magical date for us,” Peñagarícano told the media at the WBC convention this past week. “There is no issue with the date or May 2nd for Team Cotto. It is for Canelo because he is Mexican and it’s a Mexican holiday. Miguel will fight on that date or he will fight the first week in June during the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York, or another day, the date is no issue.”

Well that kills that. May 2 isn't an issue. What will the new excuse be? I'm going to go with money for $1000, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              Whose the one preventing and having issues with May 2nd? So far the networks are ready(check), the fans are ready(check), Oscar and Canelo are ready to backdown from May 2nd for the big fight(check), the MGM is ready(check), Floyd and Team Money is ready(check),..who we missing.
              Seems like were missing Al Haymon, while Bob Arum took it upon himself to go directly to the boss of both Haymon and Maweather les moonves to get the deal done, haymon is still quiet as a circus mouse so he doesn't have to answr to people who want to know why mayweather keeps ducking, why Stevenson ducked kovalev and Hopkins, why quillen vacated his belt rather than fight korobov, (Which korobov ended up losing the fight anyway lol) Why Thurman hasn't fought anything above a tomato can, why danny Garcia was allowed to duck his mandatory and fight rod salka. If you read the article where bob arum said that should be a Mexican date, the article was sure to mention that he stopped short of saying that would be a deal breaker for pacquiao, mayweather. which that obviously means push comes to shove mayweather and pacquiao will fight on the may date and if you know anything about bob arum he is just holding that may date hostage over Floyd to get a fair purse split like I have been pointing out

Comment

Pacquiao fans have completely ruined boxing conversations. just look at this disgusting post. I hope n pray this fight happens, when Manny gets washed he takes all his fans with him into retirement. Back to normal afterwards, i have never seen a fighter with a more hateful, disgusting, racist fan base.
                We can only hope.

Comment

LMAO I knew someone was going to pull the race card for no reason!!! what does race have to do with this??? If anyone is racist it is Floyd when he was making fun of Asians and eating dogs and all of that. I see Floyd fans saying that one here all the time!!! what did I say that was racist compared to all those dog eating comments! when all else fails just call somebody a racist right? your feeding into your own stereotypes by doing that just to let you know

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    They to stupid to bait.
                    LOL at the irony of this sentence.

Comment

Manny , mayweather, arum , odlh, al haymon can suck each other d*cks. That what they do, trying go milk it as mush as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X