No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather's Mandatory Set Down With Tournaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Fighters dont fight other top fighters and "boxing fans" complain. WBC proposes an idea thatll have top fighters fighting other top fighters and "boxing fans" complain.

SMH!
    Do you know which "top fighters" would be in the tournament?

No you don't. So stop co-signing this "idea" of APPOINTED top fighters fighting each other before you even know who they are.

Bottom line at this moment we only care about welterweights Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      Do you know which "top fighters" would be in the tournament?

No you don't. So stop co-signing this "idea" of APPOINTED top fighters fighting each other before you even know who they are.

Bottom line at this moment we only care about welterweights Mayweather and Pacquiao.
      Thats the problem with you "boxing fans"

Comment

I doubt it would happen the best fighters wont agree....But im with the idea of course

Comment

Originally posted by St. Johns Gent View Post
          Damn I can't wait to read the opinions and predictions of the top 8 at 147 and 154.........i can't make a list right now but Danny Garcia being the 140 WBC King is definitely gonna be on that list........we'll see who the real killa at 147 is after the dust settles.......I predict Swift
          Im with this! Swift wipes out the entire bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Thutch2412 View Post
            Not a horrible idea, tourneys are probably the way to go now, to at least try and force fighters to face each other. Still not gna happen. The super 6 was all on showtime if im not mistaken, so while the wbc approves this did arum oscar and haymon?

Way too many obstacles for this to happen, networks, promoters willing to pit their top guys against another. This also imo can hurt careers and cash cows imo, so i dont believe this will ever happen.
            Honestly it can probably done with just Haymon fighters. Sadam Ali and Tim Bradley won't be in, but thats not so bad, its still a good tourney

Comment

Originally posted by northernmonkey View Post
              Nice idea but by the end of it they will be fighting for vacant belts not Floyd
              Maybe so but there would be clarity as to qho would be the new top dawg. Ill take it

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                WTF? Is this nonsense?

Floyd done lost his damned mind. A tournie to face him? Lol.

The top fighters are not going to go for this ******ed idea. How are the top 8 fighters in two weight divions going face each other in a year?

So effing dumb. Just another gimmick so he can explain why he didn't face Khan or Pac.
                Look at this ****** mufcka. I swear half of these dumb fcks can't even read.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Let them beat the crap out of each other while Mayweather rest and fights a shop worn fighter. This how Ward won when he got a bye and fought the simple opponent . While the rest beat the crap out of each other and where all beaten up by the time they got to the final bout. This is like having to Pit bulls kill each other in a dog fight while the winner fights the fresh rested dog
                  ???

The point of the Super 6 was for everyone to fight eachother. The setbacks were not Ward's fault. Ward fought fought and beat all fighters who were available in the Super 6. He even fought Sakio Bika in between to stay busy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    ???

The point of the Super 6 was for everyone to fight eachother. The setbacks were not Ward's fault. Ward fought fought and beat all fighters who were available in the Super 6. He even fought Sakio Bika in between to stay busy.
                    My how times have changed. Ward and "stay busy" could accurately be used in the same sentence at one time

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      My how times have changed. Ward and "stay busy" could accurately be used in the same sentence at one time
                      Yeah its a shame. I was at that fight too.

One of the best talents in boxing on the shelf

Comment

Working...
                      X