No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson vs. Dmitry Sukhotskiy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis Stevenson vs. Dmitry Sukhotskiy

Adonis Stevenson: This was probably the best training camp that I’ve had. We’re ready for this fight. We’re not underestimating him. I know he’s coming to fight and I will be ready. I know he’s a tough contender. And I know he’s training very hard for this fight. He’s going to try to surprise me, but I’m very prepared because I know the contender is always going to try to take your belt. I’m going to win by knockout. Emmanuel (Steward) always told me that knockouts sell, so I am going to win by knockout. It’s going to be a short night on SHOWTIME. My plan is to face (Sergey) Kovalev in 2015. But first we need to focus and win this fight. Then we can talk 2015.

Dmitry Sukhotskiy: He looked nervous at the podium, like he wasn’t ready to fight. But I am ready to fight. I’m not going to say that he is underestimating me because I’ll show that in the ring. I came here to win; I came here to bring the world title back to Russia. He has flaws and it is our job to find them and find a way to win the fight. It’s always different when you fight a southpaw, but we prepared for it. We prepared for everything that can happen in the ring. I’m ready to fight. I’m here to make a statement. This isn’t my first time fighting for a world title. Only this time, I will win.

What I want for Christmas?

A Sukhotskiy win over Adonis "The Duck" Stevenson.

That would be poetic justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      What I want for Christmas?

A Sukhotskiy win over Adonis "The Duck" Stevenson.

That would be poetic justice.
      I don't know anything about that guy...gimme a lil breakdown on what this guy is about and his k.o pct...thanks

Comment

I remember some kind of feud between Sukhotsky and another boxer, wasn't it Lebedev or Kovalev?
        He had a chip on his shoulder against another Russian boxer.
        Last edited by Y0@NN; 12-16-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
          I don't know anything about that guy...gimme a lil breakdown on what this guy is about and his k.o pct...thanks
          Sukhotskiy is past his best, limited in skills and flat-footed, but he's tough and can punch.

He was suffering from heat exhaustion in mid-summer Las Vegas the night he lost to Cornelius White.

I thought he deserved a win over Braehmer a few years ago:

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-16-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Dmitry Sukhotsky: James Toney knocks Lebedev out!

http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-su...dev-out--44760

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
              Dmitry Sukhotsky: James Toney knocks Lebedev out!

http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-su...dev-out--44760
              Maybe he was just trying to create interest in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                Maybe he was just trying to create interest in that fight.
                Maybe or the two of them have fought when they were amateurs and Sukhotsky still had a sour taste in his mouth.

Comment

Freedom, you see the Joey Vegas fight? WTF was it so close?

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                    Sukhotskis slow and flat footed but he gave both punch and take a punch, in terms of quality I'd probably rate him around Fonfaras level so an upset would be unlikely, but not out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                    X