Is showtime losing money on Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is showtime losing money on Floyd?

Arum said this in this site.

“As long as Floyd has a contract with two freebies coming from Showtime he is content with that.” Following Arum’s depiction of Mayweather’s next fights, we asked if he were in the same shoes as Showtime, would he be happy with the results of the contract they gifted Mayweather. Arum explained, “If I were Showtime and I was taking losses as big as I am on Mayweather fights, I wouldn’t be happy, but who knows maybe they have a bunch of masochists running the company.”
    Can somebody enlighten me on this.

Even Stepehen A Smith mentioned earlier that the 2 maidana fight showtime lost 16 million.

Comment

Theres no question there losing boatloads of cash on Floyd. He was supposed to bring in more subscribers yet HBO is still kicking SHO's ass when it comes to ratings

The number reported by Steven A Smith was $16 million which is only for this year. Its probably much higher than that overall
      Last edited by Check_hooks; 12-16-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Yea I heard the whole network might crash soon including all of cbs

Comment

Les Moonvest gonna get Floyd's nails.

Comment

Stephen A. Smith is a credible boxing source now?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Stephen A. Smith is a credible boxing source now?
              What do you expect here in NSB? It's a place where Floyd is a ****sexual coward and Pacquiao is Jesus Christ resurrected.

Comment

Serious mistake making Floyd the face of Showtime boxing. Floyd only cares for himself. Even threw Showtime under the bus to save himself. I think this is team Pac's chance to dictate parity from Moonves, and I don't think Moonves cares how much Floyd will make in his next fight, as long as Showtime will win in the end.

Comment

They might be because of his insanely high guarantee purses. I'm sure there more concerned about just having Floyd Fo better compete with HBO.

Comment

Well you shouldn't have signed him to a 32M min contract then... that's their own fault

Comment

Working...
                    X