No announcement yet.

Nothing has changed, Garcia would still slaughter Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing has changed, Garcia would still slaughter Khan

Watching the fight last night, I saw the same wild Khan lunging in that got murdered by Danny Garcia. It worked on Alexander, who is honestly shit and has little pop to go along with some T-Rex arms, but it won't ever work on Swift. It would be the same fight with Khan landing flashy combos early on but as soon as he gets reckless Danny would drop the no-look-hook aka the GARSH and it'd be the same result over again.

I'm only making this thread because many people believe that Khan has improved and that Garcia KOing him was a fluke. Back to reality people.

Last edited by _original_; 12-14-2014, 02:09 PM.

Yeah Garcia style is wrong for Khan.

The only way Khan can knick it is just by jabbing and staying on the outside and clinch when Garcia gets close.

He wouldn't want to get countered by a Garcia's left hook or its good night again.

Comment

Khan is ma boy but he was a bit wild yesterday, somebody who throws good straight counters would've sparked him out. But I don't think Khan would fight like that against a more dangerous puncher, especially with Hunter in his corner.

I would pick Khan to easily UD Danny in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
        Khan is ma boy but he was a bit wild yesterday, somebody who throws good straight counters would've sparked him out. But I don't think Khan would fight like that against a more dangerous puncher, especially with Hunter in his corner.

I would pick Khan to easily UD Danny in a rematch.
        Garcia can be outboxed no doubt, as shown by Herrera, but can Khan really commit to such a gameplan for 12 rounds? The GARSH will always be there, ready to rear it's ugly head and rock Amir's equilibrium at any second. Also, Khan doesn't have an inside game which is necessary to outboxing Danny boy. I think Khan gets killed again while ahead on the cards. Same fight.

Comment

Alexander is not a good counter puncher, and he was able to time Khan more than a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
            Yeah Garcia style is wrong for Khan.

The only way Khan can knick it is just by jabbing and staying on the outside and clinch when Garcia gets close.

He wouldn't want to get countered by a Garcia's left hook or its good night again.
            He honestly has a better shot against Floyd than he does against Garcia IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              He honestly has a better shot against Floyd than he does against Garcia IMO.
              Floyd is a good counter puncher and his defense is best against orthodox fighters who come straight.

I think both guys have what it takes to hurt Khan so I would still have to give the overall better guy the edge.

Your point is solid though he is reckless in there so a patient guy who waits and has the right tools is going to get his predictable ass damn near every time. Khan suits Garcia just fine, if that match-up was better for Khan they would have looked to clear that up he never speaks on Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Garcia can be outboxed no doubt, as shown by Herrera, but can Khan really commit to such a gameplan for 12 rounds? The GARSH will always be there, ready to rear it's ugly head and rock Amir's equilibrium at any second. Also, Khan doesn't have an inside game which is necessary to outboxing Danny boy. I think Khan gets killed again while ahead on the cards. Same fight.
                With Hunter in his corner I think he can stay disciplined and not get carried away. I don't think you need an inside game to beat Danny, he doesn't look to get on the inside. I think if Khan throws single punches and 1-2s, he doesn't give Danny the opportunity to throw WITH him and wins a wide UD.

Danny can't apply pressure or cut the ring off, so if you're not aggressive against him and box smart and don't throw in bunches, you can easily beat him.

Comment

I think he'd be a lot smarter but probably still does the booty dew

Comment

I'll go against the grain here; I think Khan beats Danny in a rematch.

He knows what to look for and I think Khan is better all around (besides his chin) than Danny.

I don't think Danny will have success at 147 to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X