Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing has changed, Garcia would still slaughter Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, Khans defense has improved he no longer gets hit with absolute bombs. This is a different fight at this stage as khan is a different fighter..Garcia looked like trash against Hererra...well and iss trash. O wait, he looked so great against rod salka!! sighghhg

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Floyd is a good counter puncher and his defense is best against orthodox fighters who come straight.

I think both guys have what it takes to hurt Khan so I would still have to give the overall better guy the edge.

Your point is solid though he is reckless in there so a patient guy who waits and has the right tools is going to get his predictable ass damn near every time. Khan suits Garcia just fine, if that match-up was better for Khan they would have looked to clear that up he never speaks on Garcia.
      very much on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        lol you're wrong weebs, the talks is Mayweather-Pacquiao as usual. Nobody cares for Khan-Mayweather right now, although it is a solid plan B.

I'm bringing up a Khan-Garcia rematch because Danny is moving up to '47 and will sooner or later bump heads with Khan if he's still around. Also, many people think Khan has improved enough to avenge his loss to Danny.
        Imo Khan will never fight Garcia again. Look at the pattern since he was stopped:

Molina - non punching LW
        Diaz - non punching WW
        Collazo - non punching WW
        Alexander - non punching WW

Mayweather is the end-game for Khan. If he can't make that happen, he'll likely try to make a fight with Manny Pacquiao. Failing that, it will be Brook in a huge fight. If it's none of those three it will be Robert Guerrero another non-puncher at 147.

Comment

Khan is better, there is no question he has improved. He was a bit more wild yesterday then the Collazo fight, but I think he felt more comfortable with Devon's power and became more aggressive, he self admittedly got off the game plan a little and showed some old bad habits, but then again there are very few fighters who are as quick as Devon. People always assume that fighters are going to turn up the same way in every fight, I never understand that, I'm sure Khan will stick to one-two's against Garcia and fight more cautiously, he has the first fight to learn from also. Hunter will put together a game plan and he will be much more prepared, I think last time he thought turning up and being himself would be enough, which was arrogant.

I think it could go either way at this moment in time.

Comment

Khan wud be overly cautious against Danny

Which favors Khan

He'll also clinch ALOT,

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Nah, Khans defense has improved he no longer gets hit with absolute bombs. This is a different fight at this stage as khan is a different fighter..Garcia looked like trash against Hererra...well and iss trash. O wait, he looked so great against rod salka!! sighghhg
              He's not getting hit with bombs because he's not fighting punchers. Put him in with Garcia, Thurman, Matthysee and Maidana and you'll see him performing his Bambi On Ice again.

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Khan is better, there is no question he has improved. He was a bit more wild yesterday then the Collazo fight, but I think he felt more comfortable with Devon's power and became more aggressive, he self admittedly got off the game plan a little and showed some old bad habits, but then again there are very few fighters who are as quick as Devon. People always assume that fighters are going to turn up the same way in every fight, I never understand that, I'm sure Khan will stick to one-two's against Garcia and fight more cautiously, he has the first fight to learn from also. Hunter will put together a game plan and he will be much more prepared, I think last time he thought turning up and being himself would be enough, which was arrogant.

I think it could go either way at this moment in time.
              Khan could be much more prepared, but at some point in time the GARSH will land, then what? See, this is the inevitable unless Khan fought a perfect fight which he won't because of his leaky defense and temperament. What Garcia has is very good timing, he'll connect on Khan eventually during an exchange and it'll be the same painful ending all over again.

Comment

Idk, i think the fight would go to later rds, Garcia seems to fade late

At 147 its a very interesting match up Khan has improved, but he will always have problems with punchers, Garcia is an accurate good timing power puncher

Just like the first fight i would favor Garcia again

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  He's not getting hit with bombs because he's not fighting punchers. Put him in with Garcia, Thurman, Matthysee and Maidana and you'll see him performing his Bambi On Ice again.

Khan could be much more prepared, but at some point in time the GARSH will land, then what? See, this is the inevitable unless Khan fought a perfect fight which he won't because of his leaky defense and temperament. What Garcia has is very good timing, he'll connect on Khan eventually during an exchange and it'll be the same painful ending all over again.
                  There is no guarantee he lands and it ends the same way, the hook wasn't the first big shot he landed in that fight, Khan absorbed the previous punches well. The KO punch was because Khan himself threw a crazy combination at that level of fighting. He jumped in with a left hook-right uppercut, when you throw an uppercut at any time it naturally lifts your head up and chin into the air, but that was particularly reckless as he was trying to do it from too far a distance. I agree with you, he will land big punches at some stage, and more than likely wobble Khan, but the argument is whether he lands something like first fight, and I'm not sure I would bet on it, why I'm sitting on the fence.

Comment

khan would stop garcia by late stoppage...

in the first fight before the first knockdown,
                    khan was out boxing and getting to garcia...

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      There is no guarantee he lands and it ends the same way, the hook wasn't the first big shot he landed in that fight, Khan absorbed the previous punches well. The KO punch was because Khan himself threw a crazy combination at that level of fighting. He jumped in with a left hook-right uppercut, when you throw an uppercut at any time it naturally lifts your head up and chin into the air, but that was particularly reckless as he was trying to do it from too far a distance. I agree with you, he will land big punches at some stage, and more than likely wobble Khan, but the argument is whether he lands something like first fight, and I'm not sure I would bet on it, why I'm sitting on the fence.
                      Fair enough and good points. The thing is, yes Garcia was landing some big shots already but it appeared he was still getting his timing down and was mostly working the body.

Comment

Working...
                      X