No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao hitting it right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac's power is being hugely overlooked.

Rios shelled up for 12 rounds Clottey style, Bradley got an iron jaw, Algieri did about 8 somersaults and should have been counted out in the 9th... most guys did a good job at surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
      Yeah, I can see that. Some guys were tough to KO but the Algieri thing made me believe my theory. He did drop him a lot but he needed to get him out of there and he could have but didnt. That's why my theory of him not wanting to hurt people came into the forefront.
      I truly think that fight could have been stopped in the 9th round if it had a better ref.

My theory goes back to the Rios. Seeing how Pacquiao had Rios in the corner in the 12th and just backed off and touched gloves with him had me wondering if Manny really is holding back. I truly don't think Rios could have done anything to Manny at that point.

If a similar situation occurs against Floyd, Manny better NOT hold back. Since Floyd is on his way out, Pacquiao shouldn't have to worry about doing to him what he did to Margarito.
      Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 03-01-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Show me a fighter with a high KO percentage and I'll show you a resume of cherry picked opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          It's nothing to do with religion.

His opponents have been extremely difficult to KO. Clottey, Bradley, Mosley, Margarito, Rios are durable guys.

Pacquiao's stoppages vs Oscar and Cotto were due to accumulation. He was more of a concussive ko artist under 135 lbs.
          this ^^

only guy he blasted out around these weights is hatton, who had taken lots of punishment and is as easy a target as it gets.

the power is definitely still there, the killer instinct too. he is just fighting guys who are harder to get out of there.

algieri is the only one you can look at and say he really should have got rif of him. but thats just one fight, algieri spent most of the fight in survival mode and many did drop the guy like 46 times.

Comment

The fear in sr is real.

Comment

Working...
            X