No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao hitting it right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    drop in power? no, but the way he throws it, yes.
    Too early to make that conclusion. Looked fine to me.

Comment

pac's kd's nd tko always came via accumlation of punishment (cotto, delahoya, diaz) nd punches from weird angles (mosley, algeiri, early jmm fights)

hatton ko was a fluke nd was lucky/perfect. hatton was half retared nd ran into pacs body leveraged ledt hook. which is ironic bc its same way pac ran into jmm's

pac still fights the same way, still accumalates punishment nd punches from weird angles.

recently bradley, margarito nd rios havent gone down. any genius wna guess why? lol. we just gotta use our boxing analyst caps sometimes
      Last edited by FrenchDeLaHoya; 12-09-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        to be fair, who has though?? even heavy puncher ruslan couldnt get the job done.
        Ruslan is more limited though. I feel like if Manny put his foot on the gas more he could of.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
          How do you explain Chris Algieri? Yes, he did drop him 6 times but he couldn't get him out of there.
          Algieri survived by moving away a lot and has serious heart, what could a 2009 Pacquiao have done differently, knocked him down 12 times instead of 6 to be less religious?

Pacquiao's power has dropped 0% since the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            let me try to find a clip from his fight so i can explain what i mean by manny throwing his punches different now.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              Algieri survived by moving away a lot and has serious heart, what could a 2009 Pacquiao have done differently, knocked him down 12 times instead of 6 to be less religious?

Pacquiao's power has dropped 0% since the Cotto fight.
              Dude, Cotto was running way more than Chris Algieri on the last couple of rounds vs. Manny before he got stopped and Manny was able to take him out. If the power hasn't dropped maybe his killer instinct has.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                this is not a good example but im at work right now so im not gonna sit thru the whole fight and pick out the part i wanted LOL. but fast foward to 5:18 when pac did his 2-3 punch combo when chris was slightly against the rope. the last punch manny threw before algieri moved out of the way. look at how he throws it. he pushes the punch forward instead of pulling his punch back and snapping foward.

Comment

Ive always blamed it on Roach for making Manny more of a squared fighter, took away the momentum of the sledgehammer slingshot left.

Comment

since the ko he doesn't commit the same way, but his punches are still very sharp, just not as heavy, he used to punch as sharp but with more weight, so his power has definitely decreased, and it's due to his technique

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                      Dude, Cotto was running way more than Chris Algieri on the last couple of rounds vs. Manny before he got stopped and Manny was able to take him out. If the power hasn't dropped maybe his killer instinct has.
                      The Cotto fight could have easily continued until the final bell and as for killer instinct he didn't seem keen on finishing Cotto in the final round, you can see he had sympathy.

The reason the ref stopped it was more because of Cotto's face from the accumulation of punches rather than him being out on his feet or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X