No announcement yet.

Floyd's I hate Arum excuse is B.S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Lets talk about now. Both sides can go back and forth about Arum and Floyd coming up with excuses/roadblocks why this fight didn't happen in the past.

Fast forward to the present time. Pac publically called Floyd out and said he wants the fight. Arum publically stated that enough is enough and will do everything in his power to make the fight. Testing is no longer an issue and as long as the split is a fair one with Floyd obviously taking the bigger slice of the pie, I don't see why Arum being in the picture would prevent Floyd from getting in the ring.

Speaking of which...where is Floyd and what is his take on Pac and Arum publically calling him out?
    And another thing, i dont think what pac said was a direct call-out! He didnt say floyd i think i can beat you, give me the chance and fight me in the ring...nono, all he said was "he wants the fight, and the fans deserve it, and its upto floyd", to me thats not a direct call out..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      what Floyd says to the media in interviews has no bearing on Manny's actions. I explained the primary reasons why the fight hasn't happened. It looks like Floyd will finally get his chance now that Bob and Pac realize Manny's a Canelo and Cotto level ppv attraction at this point in his career.

Lets hope the fight gets made. nice chatting with you today.
      yeah floyd is trying and bob and manny is the one avoiding this fight.

When asked about a fight with Pacquiao, 35, of General Santos City, Philippines, the undefeated five-division champion echoed a familiar tune - it***8217;s my way or the highway.

"If the Pacquiao fight does happen it has to happen on Showtime pay-per-view only and Mayweather Promotions have to do the fight,***8221; said Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        And another thing, i dont think what pac said was a direct call-out! He didnt say floyd i think i can beat you, give me the chance and fight me in the ring...nono, all he said was "he wants the fight, and the fans deserve it, and its upto floyd", to me thats not a direct call out..
        yeah because if u wanna call someone out u have to do it this way right? ---

and yes manny u're next..... i never said that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
          yeah because if u wanna call someone out u have to do it this way right? ---

and yes manny u're next..... i never said that!!
          Lol yeah floyd was an idiot for clearly saying that, and an even bigger idiot for denying he said it...pac says something other then "its up to my promoter" and fans jump all over it like it was something out of this world LOL! Just like when.... nevermind!

Comment

And that means what? That someone else had the balls to step up and fight Pac 4 times instead of him?
            I don't know, probably just making fun of Manny and the fact that all the things Manny and his fans call "roadblocks", including signing to a different promoter, never prevented these 4 fights from happening.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Yes because Moonves has more power over Pacquiao than Pac's own promoter.

Do you really think Arum and HBO are going to let Pacquiao fight on Showtime without any of them being involved? LOL. Please don't tell me you're that naïve.
            Stop playing dumb like evol. Giving arum step aside money has nothing to do with HBo letting him fight on showtime. Its been reported that they are discussing a shared network broadcast.

If Arum doesn't take step aside money they will hopefully make a deal for the fight.

Comment

you mean like Manny's request to defend WW title at CW's against JMM and Algieiri or do you mean his request for a CW when he won the title?

either way, its no different. you only see a difference because you are creating an excuse for Manny's actions.
              Algieri wasnt even a welter, please.

Its all kinds of different, its obvious. In one case you have a guy that doesnt know if he can handle the weight, going up. If youre a champ, you better be able to handle it. No wonder its so rare to have champs requesting cws vs divisional opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post

Comment

I don't know, probably just making fun of Manny and the fact that all the things Manny and his fans call "roadblocks", including signing to a different promoter, never prevented these 4 fights from happening.

Stop playing dumb like evol. Giving arum step aside money has nothing to do with HBo letting him fight on showtime. Its been reported that they are discussing a shared network broadcast.

If Arum doesn't take step aside money they will hopefully make a deal for the fight.
                  You do know that Pac has an exclusive contract with HBO right? You do know that Pac has an exclusive contract with Bob Arum right? If Bob Arum who is Pacquiao's promoter insists on being involved in his fighters fight, there's nothing Moonves can do about it despite what kind of step aside money is thrown at him.

Comment

Ha thiis. Guy wants to use pat smileys like he is actually patting his head thats weird bro.... saying the fans deserve it isnt calling floyd out...i got the fight dvr'd and just watched it, and if you believe thats a callout, then i dont know what to tell you! back at cha!

He might have said something similar before, but after the algieri fight you pac fans went full blown ape after that weak ass callout..weak!
                    Last edited by LouIE G; 12-09-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

You do know that Pac has an exclusive contract with HBO right? You do know that Pac has an exclusive contract with Bob Arum right? If Bob Arum who is Pacquiao's promoter insists on being involved in his fighters fight, there's nothing Moonves can do about it despite what kind of step aside money is thrown at him.
                      Yes, he just recently got that as HBO gave him a bonus when he resigned with TR. Yes he does. As said, Moonves is trying to because, as I showed you earlier in the article posted, he too doesn't want to work with Bob as he was already burned by his greedy, scumbag, sheisty ways.

So if Bob doesn't take step aside money, they will try tocraft a deal. Last I saw, Floyd and his team said Floyd wanted 66% of the ppv revenue given Pac's dismal PPVsales from the algieiri sparring session.

This is a SIGNIFICANT concession on Floyd's part as he personally called Manny and offered 0 ppv revenue.

Comment

Working...
                      X