Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fans rarely demand Mayweather to face other black fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do fans rarely demand Mayweather to face other black fighters?

Devon Alexander for example...

If he wins this weekend he would have been a top 5-10 WW for the last 4 years, and yet no one is interested in him fighting Mayweather, he's not flat footed and not slow like alot of people Mayweather have fought.

The only black fighters that Floyd was demanded to fight was Paul Williams and Shane Mosley, other wise it seems to be little request to do so. And Shane Mosley not so much until he got in Floyds face and everybody though Floyd was scared.

And when I say demand, I don't mean boxing scene demand, Im talking about hardcore demand, casual, purist, hardcore fans, like when everyone demanded the Canelo Alvarez fight.

And there is alot of legit black fighters.

Timothy Bradley
    Kell Brook
    Devon Alexander
    Keith Thurman
    Andre Berto
    Shawn Porter
    Kid Chocolate

and the list goes on

Nobody wants to see Mayweather-Alexander....

Also, demand to face Porter was starting to build until he looked mediocre and lost to Brook. Furthermore, if Keith Thurman keeps winning that fight will be in high demand next year.

Comment

Because Floyd looks better against flat foot tailormade fighters.

I would love to see Floyd vs Bradley that would be a good fight, or even Thurman.

I just want to see Floyd in with guys who can bounce on their toes and throw a lot of shots and angles with speed.

Comment

Only legitimate challenger is the desert storm...war bradley... maybe brook but Idk if there's enough money in it for money...

Comment

Nobody ever demands to watch ANYONE fight devon alexander, Floyd-Devon would be so painfully boring.

Bradley, P williams before the accident, definitely

Comment

How's he going to sell that to the Mexicans who he caters to?

Comment

Let's be honest, If Floyd only fought black fighters, people would demand that he fought mexican sluggers then. Saying he's ducking people with power.

Comment

Enough of this crap lol. It's already been debunked. The only black fighters he could have fought in recent times were Bradley (top rank) and Paul Williams. Nobody wants Devon, he gave berto 2 chances and he blew it

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Enough of this crap lol. It's already been debunked. The only black fighters he could have fought in recent times were Bradley (top rank) and Paul Williams. Nobody wants Devon, he gave berto 2 chances and he blew it
                  there was a time people wanted to see Floyd Berto...but Floyd didnt want to fight him!

Comment

People wanted to see Mosley, well second to Pacquiao and that fight was made.

Half the problem is Floyd is not an exciting fighter, and the likes of Bradley, Lara, Alexander etc aren't exciting either, so why match them together? People want to be entertained.

I'd add that a lot of people do want to see Thurman v Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X