No announcement yet.

Prime Margarito v. Prime Felix Trinidad at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Excuse me but how many knockouts to the head has the heavy handed Hopkins gathered in the last 14 years? And how many since getting a 1 punch Ko if ever? Add to that the number of times Trinidad visited the canvas and I think it's pretty safe to say. What Trinidad did have was a lot of heart though and that made up for it most of the time. I don't think it would be enough against this Mexican nightmare though.
    How many of those guys Hopkins fought in those 14 years were in their prime at 147? Hopkins has since moved up two divisions BTW. No one else ever came close to stopping Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      How many of those guys Hopkins fought in those 14 years were in their prime at 147? Hopkins has since moved up two divisions BTW. No one else ever came close to stopping Tito.
      Hopkins is not a powerful puncher even when he has a size advantage(and lets not get into the size complaints that Trinidad fans are notorious for when it comes to this fight) but as it stands, he sparked Tito with one punch. Do I have to list all of the knockdowns he suffered as well? I'm really surprised that you're acting like his chin was not a factor.

Also Trinidad didn't fight many hard hitters did he? And the ones that came close to stopping him were punished for it. Did Vargas and Mayorga ever have children after those fights? LOL.

Margarito has fought many extremely powerful punchers and only Mosley was able to stop him and I have reason to believe he was nowhere near his best as the many wars he had wore him out at that point and he had trouble with the weight. He still stood there like a punching bag and took probably a record amount of power punches to the head before finally being stopped.

Comment

Hopkins is not a powerful puncher even when he has a size advantage(and lets not get into the size complaints that Trinidad fans are notorious for when it comes to this fight) but as it stands, he sparked Tito with one punch. Do I have to list all of the knockdowns he suffered as well? I'm really surprised that you're acting like his chin was not a factor.

Also Trinidad didn't fight many hard hitters did he? And the ones that came close to stopping him were punished for it. Did Vargas and Mayorga ever have children after those fights? LOL.

Margarito has fought many extremely powerful punchers and only Mosley was able to stop him and I have reason to believe he was nowhere near his best as the many wars he had wore him out at that point and he had trouble with the weight. He still stood there like a punching bag and took probably a record amount of power punches to the head before finally being stopped.
        The difference in chin is offset by the difference in power. But your logic is weird. Aside from Margarito, Mosley KO'ed no one of note at 147 so he can't be considered a KO puncher there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          What about in Las Vegas?? Could he still beat the **** outta Cyclops the way he did Vargas???
          Do bears shit in the woods?

Comment

The difference in chin is offset by the difference in power. But your logic is weird. Aside from Margarito, Mosley KO'ed no one of note at 147 so he can't be considered a KO puncher there.
            What does that mean?

And Mosley certainly was a puncher there, just look at the fight. He was throwing his whole body into those power punches and the snap and sounds they made were brutal. The thing was that Margarito was such a zombie that night that he couldn't avoid any of those shots.

Comment

What does that mean?

And Mosley certainly was a puncher there, just look at the fight. He was throwing his whole body into those power punches and the snap and sounds they made were brutal. The thing was that Margarito was such a zombie that night that he couldn't avoid any of those shots.
              So was Hopkins against Trinidad. Anyone who thinks that was a one-punch KO type of performance hasn't seen the fight. Yes, the fight was stopped after the knockdown in the 12th but Trinidad was spent at that point. He had taken a lot of heavy shots from the premiere middleweight of this era. Whereas Margarito was stopped earlier by a welter. And Margarito's defense has never been great. He'd be eating just as many punches from a murderous puncher in Trinidad. The difference in chin is no greater than the difference in power between the two. Trinidad just so happened to do everything else better.

Comment

So was Hopkins against Trinidad. Anyone who thinks that was a one-punch KO type of performance hasn't seen the fight. Yes, the fight was stopped after the knockdown in the 12th but Trinidad was spent at that point. He had taken a lot of heavy shots from the premiere middleweight of this era. Whereas Margarito was stopped earlier by a welter.
                And Margarito could do the same to Trinidad(beat him up throughout the fight and spark him late). lol I think you're going overboard with how quickly you compare fighters and their attributes to others'. Hopkins is not a puncher the same way Mosley is considered a puncher, and Trinidad and Margarito were at completely different points in their careers in both of those fights so you're off on that one as well. Trinidad has a china chin, man.

And Margarito's defense has never been great. He'd be eating just as many punches from a murderous puncher in Trinidad. The difference in chin is no greater than the difference in power between the two. Trinidad just so happened to do everything else better.
                You still haven't elaborated on that statement so I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Comment

I really liked Margarito, but he is a class below Trinidad. Only the very highest level skilled fighters bothered Trinidad. Everyone else just took punishment.

Comment

And Margarito could do the same to Trinidad(beat him up throughout the fight and spark him late). lol I think you're going overboard with how quickly you compare fighters and their attributes to others'. Hopkins is not a puncher the same way Mosley is considered a puncher, and Trinidad and Margarito were at completely different points in their careers in both of those fights so you're off on that one as well. Trinidad has a china chin, man.

You still haven't elaborated on that statement so I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
                    So you think Mosley hits harder than Hopkins?

Comment

So you think Mosley hits harder than Hopkins?
                      Pound for pound I think he hits infinitely harder. Why don't you atleast recognize Trinidad's chin being suspect? He got knocked down by most of his notable opponents and several of those times he recovered by using dirty tactics.

Comment

Working...
                      X