No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Must Give in To Cotto's Demands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Must Give in To Cotto's Demands

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez has advised his countryman, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (44-1-1, 31KOs), to give in to the demands of WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs). There are ongoing discussions to have them fight on May 2nd, Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Canelo, who recently stated that negotiating with Cotto's side was 'difficult,' said there had to be a "50-50" split of the financials and he wanted a catch-weight of 155-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Spot on. Canelo isnt even negotiating. He came to the table with his terms of the date, venue, weight, split, beer sponsor and just wants Cotto to accept and is only willing to negotitate who walks out last, size of ring, gloves etc..

Comment

All I want is for this fight to happen in May 5th weekend.

If this fight happens, FLoyd has to fight Pacquiao to even compete, And thats what all boxing fans want.

When this happens, We are in a win/win situation as fans, we will get Canelo/Cotto and Pac/F.May this year.

May @ Vegas

Make FLoyd Fight Pacquiao, or not fight at all. Fans have been asking for that fight long enough, and this is our chance to finally see it happen
      Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 12-06-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I think they should go by who did better in their biggest ppv fight against floyd which i think cotto had a better match than canelo!!! Lol but In all honesty cotto is the more accomplished fighter so he should get the lions share of the money plus he's the champion so he has more leverage on negotiations.

Comment

If cotto is hard on petty **** like ring gloves, who comes out first, ring size, etc. just give him that ****. As long as the fight gets made.

Comment

Marquez wants Canelo to take short money then lose.

Comment

i think the catchweight thing is hilarious. canelo wants a catchweight, when he's the bigger guy. seems like he's using a little foresight so that he doesn't have to defend against ggg. i don't blame him. they'd both get extinguished.

Comment

so, the "Cold War" is over?

This fight was never going to happen. And it just shows you how difficult it is dealing with Arum despite the fact Cotto has a similar arrangement with TopRank as Floyd had with Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                  If cotto is hard on petty **** like ring gloves, who comes out first, ring size, etc. just give him that ****. As long as the fight gets made.
                  Im not sure Cotto is even fighting for those things but im sure he wants a say in the bigger aspects of negotitations instead Canelo dictating those terms as if its status quo

Comment

Marquez is bitter against everyone but to be fair did he take the short of the stick against Pac man several times? I know Pacs side can be demanding and Marquez eventually got a solid win against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X