Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Chris Algieri can become a champion again? How does he stack up at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
    I think everyone beats Vargas the pillowfisted cracksmoker. As for Algieri, he loses to;
    Lucas Matthysse by devastating KO
    Broner by SD
    Terence Crawford UD
    Postol TKO

So who do we have left?

The boy has no power or real ability to maintain his relevance in the division.
    postol is gonna ko algieri? lol yea right, chris would box circles around lucas

Comment

Algieri has potential for good fights at 140, I believe he is still WBO champ there.

He could defend against Provodnikov (again), Broner, Omar Figueroa, Cesar Cuenca.

Then have his "Battle for NY" against Amir YOUNG MASTER Imam in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
        I think everyone beats Vargas the pillowfisted cracksmoker. As for Algieri, he loses to;
        Lucas Matthysse by devastating KO
        Broner by SD
        Terence Crawford UD
        Postol TKO

So who do we have left?

The boy has no power or real ability to maintain his relevance in the division.
        Algieri would comfortably beat Broner. 8-4 or 9-3.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Algieri would comfortably beat Broner. 8-4 or 9-3.
          Would be an interesting fight

Comment

hes right where he wants to be, still all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              postol is gonna ko algieri? lol yea right, chris would box circles around lucas
              Lucas would knock Algieri out.

Comment

he has great conditioning and a lot of movement but loses to postol, vargas, garcia, herrera, lucas and broner

Comment

Yes he could. He was a champion going into the Pacquiao fight and since his140 title was not on the line he should still be a 140 world champion right now. He is not good enough to be the best fighter in the world at any weight. There are 4 different world titles recognized these days. WBC WBA WBO and IBF. Usually at least one of these belt holders is not very good giving guys like Algieri who is good but not special, a chance to win a world title. I thought he didn't deserve the win over Ruslan but it was too close of fight to call Algieri's win a real robbery.

Comment

8 knockdowns in his last two fights...will be coming back down in weight after missing the CW for the Pac fight. I don't think he stacks up all that well - he might get one defense of that belt and then Ruslan rematch should happen - and I think he loses. If it's not Ruslan but someone else like Postol, Crawford, Vargas I think he loses too

edit: the issue for him I think will be his offense, he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt for just doing better than expected. if not, when his fights go to decision the cards will be razor thin and that's now how it should be with someone who can move like that
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-05-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                      Chris has some decent skills and even though he isn't elite, I think he can become world champion again but he seriously needs to ditch his trainers. I think he can do well. With that being said, do you feel like he can become world champion again? How does he match up against Garcia, Lucas, Broner, etc.?
                      The Pacquiao-Algieri fight was fought at a weight limit of 144 for Pacquiao's WBO welterweight title so Algieri's 140 world title was not at stake. Unless he gave up his 140 pound title voluntarily he is still a world champion at 140 right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X