Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good Was Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he was the top guy in his division at the time, so he was certainly a good fighter. Obviously he'd never have beaten Mayweather or Pacquiao but i think he could have given any other top fighter a run for their money. With his lifestyle, it makes you wonder how good he could have been. But anyway, being the top guy in your division in your era is nothing to be sniffed at.

Also he finished Jose Luis Castillo quicker than Provodnikov and Castillo is 7 years older now

Comment

Would have loved to him vs Cotto that fight woulda been huge at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Pacman would beat any version of Hatton.

Heck, if current Pac fought prime Ricky he'd beat him.

If Pac was black you wouldn't be so butthurt, you just see him as an inferior asian who could never beat a white man, but unfortunately he did.
        Pac could be black as crude oil, i will never give credit to him for his wins over Hatton and Cotto...i know Pac was drinking those Ariza special shakes when he faced the faded version of Ricky Hatton

Roach recently admitted he was suspicious of those shakes and felt Ariza was giving Pac banned substances, thus Ariza was let go

By the way fella i dont care about colour, unlike u, i support all fighters from all backgrounds..although i tend to support British boxers over others when they face other nations, but i give credit where credit is due
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-03-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Truly unique ,fighter ,best 140lber in a long time , brutal body work , amazing foot work. Under rated talent . Not to mention the following ....by far the single greatest event I ever attended was a hatton fight ...mayweather pacquiao atmospheres couldn't come close a once in a lifetime fighter

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Pac could be black as crude oil, i will never give credit to him for his wins over Hatton and Cotto...i know Pac was drinking those Ariza special shakes when he faced the faded version of Ricky Hatton

Roach recently admitted he was suspicious of those shakes and felt Ariza was giving Pac banned substances, thus Ariza was let go

By the way fella i dont care about colour, unlike u, i support all fighters from all backgrounds..although i tend to support British boxers over others when they face other nations, but i give credit where credit is due
            What do you think of Floyd hiring Ariza?

Comment

garbage fighter anybody who thinks this guy was good DONT KNOWN CRAP ABOUT BOXING PERIOD

Comment

Very good. The true definition of a dog. His will to win was special.

Time to study some Ricky Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  garbage fighter anybody who thinks this guy was good DONT KNOWN CRAP ABOUT BOXING PERIOD
                  This dude has to be an alt

Comment

Ricky Hattons decline was due to mainly alcohol. I don't think any boxer should even have a swig of that mind numbing beverage.

Had Ricky Fatton stuck to his clean living rather than being an alcoholic without any discipline he could have kept hold abit longer onto that half decent chin he had.

When your shredding weight and then putting it back on by putting **** into your system you're asking for a meltdown.

Comment

I like the guy, he was a little over rated not as bad as Khan, but then yet again just about any fighter now a days that produces a good win gets over rated. Never saw anything special in him other then determination which made him fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X