• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Mexican style.
    Gennady beats Canelos ass

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Good boy style!
      Took 3 pages to put up the correct style.

Comment

face first brawler. not a skilled slickster like broner

Comment

I'd call him a boxer-puncher - that is his style.

His tendency is to come forward, apply pressure, and initiate the contact.

However, he has shown he can box off the jab, and counter as well.

Hell, he'll even counterpunch while applying pressure.

But overall, his style is just that of a boxer-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            face first brawler. not a skilled slickster like broner
            He aint African American doe

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Even if I'd explain you wouldn't understand shit... You (in the U.S.) have absolutely no clues about the school of boxing in which Golovkin was brought up...
              Stop trying to act all smart like americans dont know shxt lol....im actually ukrainian and i live in america so who looks dumb now lol jk.

Im not asking what he does im asking what you would label his style as because it doesnt really look liek a typical one you condescending elitist

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                He's Kazakh you mug
                Golovkin is from Kasahkhstan. He's Father is Russian and mother is Korean. As Kasakhstan was part of USSR it is same old soviet boxing school as Kovalev is representing.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
                  I'd call him a boxer-puncher - that is his style.

His tendency is to come forward, apply pressure, and initiate the contact.

However, he has shown he can box off the jab, and counter as well.

Hell, he'll even counterpunch while applying pressure.

But overall, his style is just that of a boxer-puncher.
                  I tend to associate "boxer" with a fighter who can move, even box off the backfoot if need be.

I see Golovkin as a pressure fighter, albeit a educated and defensively sound one. He relentlessly comes forwards and rarely takes a backward step yet still manages to avoid most of what comes his way.

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                  Golovkin is from Kasahkhstan. He's Father is Russian and mother is Korean. As Kasakhstan was part of USSR it is same old soviet boxing school as Kovalev is representing.
                  Their boxers don't have a very similar style though. Pirog fights very differently from Kovalev, who is different from Lomachenko who is different from Povetkin who differs from Klitschko etc.

The Cuban boxing school style seems much more uniform, the archetypal slick boxer-mover with the amateur points-scoring style.

Comment

straight up pressure fighter. and a very good one. the way he cuts off the ring is beautiful to watch and traumatising to defend against

Comment

Working...
                    X