Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bellew vs Cleverly II - Why are people not doing anything?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah.... they're just both shit at CW

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised. Cleverly was either drunk or he was there to collect his cheque.

The first thing he started going on about after the fight was a third bout at the Millennium Stadium....LOL yeah right Clev. Lay off the booze, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised. Cleverly was either drunk or he was there to collect his cheque.

The first thing he started going on about after the fight was a third bout at the Millennium Stadium....LOL yeah right Clev. Lay off the booze, son.
        He was drunk and didn't train

He was breathing hard in the post fight interview

Comment

I'm not buying this about Cleverly. He was in great condition as his body showed. He has never fought like that before. He has always had a high work rate. He didn't want to make himself look bad, so he won the first half and then let Bellew dominate the second half. If he would of fought 70% like he usually did for the second half, he would of won easily.

Hearn etc really must think we are just dumb boxing fans. I've called them out on it and I was just hoping a few more people would as well for the good of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            He was drunk and didn't train

He was breathing hard in the post fight interview
            Lest we forget there's also his athlete's diet. Spaghetti Bolognese with refined white pasta and mash potato and gravy from the local chippy!

"Can I have my usual please love?"

"Course you can darling I'll bring it over."

"Champion!"

Comment

Couldn't care less about either of these 2, I hope they fade into deserved obscurity.

Comment

Kinda unforgiveably I haven't watched the fight yet (and it took place less than an hour's drive from where I live), but wasn't there some suggestion that Cleverly hurt his hand at some point?

I'll have to actually watch it, but in most cases calls of fixed fights can easily be attributed to other factors. I was expecting a UD / SD for Cleverly but was myself doubtful since he hasn't faced anyone of even mediocre talent since his move to CW.

Anyways - I'll try to find it now and give it a look over - maybe comment afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Kinda unforgiveably I haven't watched the fight yet (and it took place less than an hour's drive from where I live), but wasn't there some suggestion that Cleverly hurt his hand at some point?

I'll have to actually watch it, but in most cases calls of fixed fights can easily be attributed to other factors. I was expecting a UD / SD for Cleverly but was myself doubtful since he hasn't faced anyone of even mediocre talent since his move to CW.

Anyways - I'll try to find it now and give it a look over - maybe comment afterwards.
                  Let me know what you think mate. I was a million percent convinced Cleverly would win on points but it was like watching someone else in there and then straight away it was talk of going to the Millennium Stadium for a third fight. Clev could of won that fight easily if he wanted, yet didn't.........Can't shake the feeling of a fix.

Comment

It wasn't explicitly fixed imo.

Boxing is just a corrupt sport and the BBBoC officials are some of the most inept in the world with zero accountability.

After the fight Hearn seemed to imply that there wasn't much demand for a third fight. The idea that it fills the Millenium stadium is utterly ridiculous. But Bellew and Cleverly both wouldn't mind the money so that's why they deludedly floated the idea.

What pissed me off most was talking to some of the press scorers after the fight on the broadcast. Not one condemned the split decision, and some of them could see how Terry O'Connor scored the fight for Nathan.
                    The whole thing is such an old boys club, they probably know him and will have beers with him afterwards so are less inclined to call him out on his utter ineptness.

Comment

what happened? missed the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X