No announcement yet.

NSB'S ALL TIME Heavyweight Tourney.#3 Mike Tyson vs #14 Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Marciano stops him late in a war, and I can tell we are going to disagree on some things here off the bat, ranking Marciano anything less than #3 is a disagrace. Marciano is my favorite to win this tourney, arguably the best to ever lace them up.
    Marciano was a great fighter but I think he's just too small against a lot of the modern greats. A great fighter who's 185ish would always have trouble against a great fighter who's 215+.

Comment

I was going to fight for Tyson until I read Elroy's typical gibberish.

Comment

Great fight ill go with Marciano by DQ. It would get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I was going to fight for Tyson until I read Elroy's typical gibberish.
          Don't let your disdain for the truth get in the way of common sense there Scott, be brave

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Pulev could stand with his hands tied behind his back and wear whatever Marciano had all night

Pulev could also nock Marciano out with the first connected hard punch

If we could somehow put a damage shield around Marciano so he survives 12 rounds instead of 1, Pulev would so utterly outbox Marciano and keep him at range that the scores would be 10-8 every single round and MArciano would e lucky to land even a single punch.
            This post executed the one, the ONLY

Baby J.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
              I have placed 16 of the best H2H Heavyweights(my opinion) and ranked them from 1 to 16. I am curious to see if NSB posters will end up agreeing with me.

#3 Mike Tyson vs #14 Rocky Marciano
              Tyson would have tore the rock up as much as I hate to say it. the rock was much too slow of foot and hand to deal with mighty mike. ko5 tyson

Comment

Close poll so far.

Comment

Tyson, 5' 10" 218lbs (best weight)
                  Marciano, 5'11" 191lbs (best weight)

Great match up both have a two handed attack but they have very different approaches to move in. Tyson is a side to side waist mover (ala Cus's style) and throws punches (mostly hooks) off that movement!
                  Marciano is a bend at the knees and slightly forward at the waist and throws more looping shots and employs a right cross that very few heavies ever used.
                  Tyson was more fleet a foot and had more hand speed but Rocky had a better judgment in distance and more ring generalship.

Mike Tyson , 50W 44KO wins-6losses KO'd 5 times! 76% ko rate
                  Rocky Marciano , 49W 43KO wins ) No losses never stopped! 88% ko rate

I believe each man could win however I'll take Marciano because of his willingness to win. Tyson has shown some fragility over his career and I personally know its there. Anyone who knows him well will attest to that!

Everyone would certainly pay to see that matchup and as far as a modern day ppv it would break all records!

Ray.

Comment

i would pick prime mike over any HW, call me ignorant, i don't care

Comment

Very close votes so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X