No announcement yet.

Hopkins racism claim is garbage, Wlad is proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    We don't have a problem with a Russian light heavyweight champion or a Kazakh middleweight champion. If Wlad was as entertaining as Kovalev or Golovkin, he'd have caught on in the States. He's boring as hell, so he hasn't.

Race and nationality doesn't matter that much in America. Exciting is exciting, and if a guy gets a push he'll become a star. Being American helps, but it doesn't guarantee you will be a star here.
    Some people tried to play the race/nationality card on me with regards to Wlad the other day. When I trambled that notion, they said: "yeah it's because he's a heavyweight"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
      Poor example for a few reasons.

1) Wlad isn't American so Americans aren't going to care about his fights as much. "Ukranian heavyweight champion" doesn't really turn heads here.
      2) In Germany Wlad is hugely successful and one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. Bernard has never hit this level.

Chances are if Wlad were a black Ukranian he would not be as big of a draw in Germany, even as champion.
      I don't know if you say that with certainty. Hernandez is pretty popular in Germany. They're good with boring fighters over there.

Comment

Is it true that Mayweather is the highest paid athlete on the planet because he's a Caucasian?

Comment

Originally posted by ChequeHook View Post
          Is it true that Mayweather is the highest paid athlete on the planet because he's a Caucasian?
          That mother****er defies all logic. He's the only guy I can think of in the history of boxing who managed to be the biggest star in the sport without being exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
            Poor example for a few reasons.

1) Wlad isn't American so Americans aren't going to care about his fights as much. "Ukranian heavyweight champion" doesn't really turn heads here.
            2) In Germany Wlad is hugely successful and one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. Bernard has never hit this level.

Chances are if Wlad were a black Ukranian he would not be as big of a draw in Germany, even as champion.
            Just noticed this now.

What do you base that on? Plenty of black athletes are popular in Germany.

Comment

That mother****er defies all logic. He's the only guy I can think of in the history of boxing who managed to be the biggest star in the sport without being exciting.
              And Caucasian apparently.

Comment

Mike Tyson was the biggest draw in boxing during his era because he had the good fortune of being born a very dangerous puncher with white skin

Comment

Muhammad Ali - The white people's champion, broke record after record because of his white skin and public speaking for white equality.

Comment

Bit of an ignorant excuse from B'hop. Blacks were bossing the sport for years in most divisions, now that other nations have caught up and they're on the decline as its a much more diverse field you can't use the bs excuse because he is black.

Heck the next biggest star in boxing could be Chinese! That'll really break some stereotypical nuthuggers opinions and I'm certain it can be done! War Race & Diversity!!!

Comment

The Baldomir fight did that. The ringwalk, the not trading with Baldomir, the larry merchant interview after. Oscar gave floyd his biggest payday, but Baldomir made floyd, cuz he made so many people wish he would lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X