Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people saying Pacquiao has no one to fight when..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people saying Pacquiao has no one to fight when..

...he can fight a lot of good fights at 140. He can fight Terrance Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Lucas Matthysse, or Marcos Maidana at a catchweight. These are really good fights that can happen. Of course some of these fights need to get a nod from Haymon but they are some good fights out there for Manny.

why would he have to fight Maidana at a catchweight?

Comment

and Mickey Garcia??the mans last fight was at 130 for crying out loud

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        why would he have to fight Maidana at a catchweight?
        Manny plans to go down to 140 and I heard Maidana isn't going back down to 140.

Comment

He can fight him in the future after he wins a world title at that weight obviously.

Comment

call me crazy but I don't think we'll be seeing any Al HHaymon fighters on HBO fighting Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              call me crazy but I don't think we'll be seeing any Al HHaymon fighters on HBO fighting Pacquiao.
              Definitely not, cut those fights right out of any potential opponent list for Manny Pacquiao.

That leaves Provodnikov, Vargas, Crawford, and Mikey. Provodnikov is a bad option, he lost to the guy Pac is fighting next. Mikey is a bad option until he proves he can fight at 140. Crawford could be a decent option, no worse than Algieri, but he's not nearly proven enough. Vargas isn't very good, terrible fight.

Pac has nothing for good Top Rank options at 140 or 147.

Comment

The list of opponents pac wont fight is way bigger than the list he will
                Canelo Thurman Khan Maidana Brook Floyd Matthyse Broner

Comment

If Floyd fans were OK and accepted that garbage of a fight where Marquez, who had just jumped up from 130 to 135, to fight Floyd at 146 then I'm not sure what your argument is.

Hey, a few years from now, Manny fans can do like Floyd fans and make threads saying:
                  "I just rewatched Manny beat Garcia. Manny was so great in that fight. That was such an underrated win. What a performance by Manny!"

A fight we can get to show to our grandchildren as one of Manny's best fights (like Floyd fans did a few days ago)

Last edited by ADP02; 11-17-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X