No announcement yet.

Inside fighting...is it a dying art?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside fighting...is it a dying art?

It seems we see it less and less these days and when we do, we rarely see a great amount of skill in it..I love to see a nice phone book fight where skills are involved..List some great phone book bouts with a video if possible

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    It seems we see it less and less these days and when we do, we rarely see a great amount of skill in it..I love to see a nice phone book fight where skills are involved..List some great phone book bouts with a video if possible
    Phone booth fight, Larry.

A phone book fight is where people beat each other to death with a telephone directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Phone booth fight, Larry.

A phone book fight is where people beat each other to death with a telephone directory.
      lmfao.....assh0le

Comment

I can think of a lot of fights where 2 guys just spent all night forehead on forehead pounding each other with smothered punches (Tua-Ibeabuchi) but I don't know how much skill was involved.

Comment

I think it's made a slight comeback in the last couple years. There was a period before that where it felt like no one fought inside. It's still not very common that you find fighters who look competent inside, let alone skilled. Freaking Chavez Jr. was considered one of the best inside fighters in the sport at one point.

Comment

Beterbiev looks promising on the inside

Comment

something like rios alvarado I

Comment

Yea, we'll see some good hit and holding this weekend though then we'll see the usual crybabies in nsb after the fight

Hopkins will smother kovalev . Grab his right Arm as he pounds away with his own right.

It's a lost art.

Comment

Yep. There's a real lack of skillful/technical inside fighters atm. We need some new Toneys.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Yea, we'll see some good hit and holding this weekend though then we'll see the usual crybabies in nsb after the fight

Hopkins will smother kovalev . Grab his right Arm as he pounds away with his own right.

It's a lost art.
                    Not what i am referring to at all..lol

Comment

Working...
                    X