No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    yea but "a 50% martinez is too much for cotto". Also, MRI showed that NO damaged was suffered in his knee. No swelling nothing. He did, however, have a concussion and a broken nose.
    whatever, bro.

we know better than sergio, it was the knee and not that putaso that cotto landed that martinez says he never recouped from.

cotto just had to show up that night to get the strap.

Comment

as for the fight, i'm pulling just for another excellent fight. me vale madre quien gane.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
        Canelo is being groomed to carry the sport on his back for the next 6-7 years. He did 2.2 ppv buys for his floyd fight while cotto only did 1.4 i believe. He's mexican and cotto is puerto rican. Mexico has 100 mill ppl, puerto rico is a small island country, so logic would tell you Canelo has gonna have all the support in the world. He also has a lineup and ill fight em attitude. Taking the Lara fight was risky as hell which he didn't have to take. Cotto fought a 39 yr old coming off 2 knee surgeries. The only reason to give Cotto the A-side at this point in time is purely out of respect, but even that may not be enough.

Fair enough. And thanks for the well thought response. They are fair observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          Well he did lose to the only two elite fighters he faced. And he also lost to Margarito who won't make it into the hof, and the Clottey fight could've gone either way. How does that qualify him as the dumbest mother***er alive?
          So mosley wasn't elite? Pac weight drained cotto and margacheato needed plasters for 11 rounds in order to beat cotto. Cotto was cut from the 3rd round on and clottey stepped off the gas in the later rounds. The knockdown in the 1st did not help clottey either.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
            Yes that's true 80% of the people hate him, i've heard the same of Cotto in Puerto Rico is that true?
            Not even remotely true. If it was danny garcia, then yea, they dont like him over there and call him a fake rican lol

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              whatever, bro.

we know better than sergio, it was the knee and not that putaso that cotto landed that martinez says he never recouped from.

cotto just had to show up that night to get the strap.
              Yea his knee was so shot that near the end of the 6th round he dashed across the ring to sneak cotto who thought the round ended a couple of seconds too early.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
                To be fair, Cotto-Martinez did worse(i think) than Canelo-Lara. Cotto had the bigger network(HBO) the bigger star(Martinez), was fighting for a title, and was further away from another PPV.

I have to believe Canelo is the bigger star here
                To be even more fair. Cotto was fighting someone whom he absolutely no chance of winning against. I recall only two journalist picking cotto over Martinez. 100s of others and millions on this board thought he was toast. Against those odds no wonder that fight sold poorly. Everyone knew the result. HOwver clearly they didn't. I expect cottos next fight to sell substantially more. no matter who he fights. Canelo, while a good fighter, only has a punchers chance to win against cotto. If he connects good and more than a few times he could pull off a win. Freddie will be ready for that I suspect.

Comment

So there are no puertoricans living in the united states? Also, being an island, pr has well over 3 mil occupants. With many more living in the us alone. Funny thing is, I read somewhere that mexicans from mexico, don't even like canelo. They call him the old man killer or something like that cuz hes always sparring guys that are over 40 or something like that. Anyone knows anything about that?
                  Last time I checked 3 mill is not that many people. PR's born in the us dont get as much as respect as island born, the Cottos', Trinidad's, Gomez's. The Danny Garcias and Gabe Rosados of the world wouldn't get any support, fake puerto ricans in boxing. I think Mexicans and Mexican Americans get much more love from their people, look at De La Hoya, and now Canelo is a star in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                    Last time I checked 3 mill is not that many people. PR's born in the us dont get as much as respect as island born, the Cottos', Trinidad's, Gomez's. The Danny Garcias and Gabe Rosados of the world wouldn't get any support, fake puerto ricans in boxing. I think Mexicans and Mexican Americans get much more love from their people, look at De La Hoya, and now Canelo is a star in the making.
                    cotto was born in rhode island bro its more of that garcia and rosado cant really speak that good spanish, some of them puertoricans get offended by that for some reason lol

Comment

So there are no puertoricans living in the united states? Also, being an island, pr has well over 3 mil occupants. With many more living in the us alone. Funny thing is, I read somewhere that mexicans from mexico, don't even like canelo. They call him the old man killer or something like that cuz hes always sparring guys that are over 40 or something like that. Anyone knows anything about that?
                      Canelo is like the Dallas Cowboys from mexico, you either love him or hate him, still no other fighter gets close to his ratings on TV, neither chavezjr or marquez... the kid was selling out arenas when he was only a teen... and despite the hate he gets for being with televisa(tv network), he still the most popular fighter in mexico by far...
                      by the way haters in mexico were calling trout and lara punching bags, and as soon as the cotto fight gets signed they will call cotto and old shot punching bag too...
                      Last edited by icha; 11-06-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X