No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    This fight is as close to being made as mayweather vs pacquiao. The fight has not been signed so there shouldn't be an official thread. Venue is holding it up. My suggestion, how about a neutral venue. The United Center. Anyway my prediction goes to the Irish guy.
    Since when do you tell me when I can make threads? I'm higher up on the food chain around here then you I decide when Cotto master threads are made.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Since when do you tell me when I can make threads? I'm higher up on the food chain around here then you I decide when Cotto master threads are made.

#WarCotto

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I would say I will quote your post, but I am honestly too lazy for that. I've promised to quote posters in the past for failed predictions, they get it wrong and after the fight I no longer care/or forgot. Fine quote me, but bring my post up if Canelo wins also.
        Than quote mine. Cotto beats Canelo inside 10 rounds and afterwards all it will be is "He wasn't a legit MW contender doe." Always some excuse when Cotto beats a guy's ass. Even if everyone said he was gonna lose going in. For some reason that goes out the window when it comes to a Cotto fight.

Comment

Like Canelo is the A-side. GTFO
          You dam well know there is good argument for Canelo being the A-side. But, I ultimately would agree Cotto is the A-side......lol

Comment

Than quote mine. Cotto beats Canelo inside 10 rounds and afterwards all it will be is "He wasn't a legit MW contender doe." Always some excuse when Cotto beats a guy's ass. Even if everyone said he was gonna lose going in. For some reason that goes out the window when it comes to a Cotto fight.
            Theres always some excuse when Cotto loses too. Margs wraps Pacs catchweight. It works both ways my friend.

Comment

Comment

Cotto hasn't been in many fights where he was supposed to lose but beats a guy's ass.

He was favored to beat Quintana, Mosley(I had it a Draw), Judah, Margarito I, Clottey(I had Clottey winning), Trout, Mayorga, Foreman, Rodriguez, and Margarito the second fight and won all except Trout and Margarito I fights.

He was underdog to lose against Pacquiao, Mayweather, Martinez, and lost all except Martinez.

So, I don't know what upsets were the one's Cotto was 'always' discredited for when this was the first upset of his career. It couldn't be his 140 days either where he was favored against everybody there, Malignaggi, Torres, Corley, Bailey, NDou, Sosa, etc.

Cotto has been the favorite for the majority of his big fights. He was underdog in 3 pro fights and lost 2.

Comment

Cotto hits Canelo in the head, he gets wobbled and everyone will say he twisted his ankle and that's why he lost.

You deserved to have your hair brushed for that comment.
                  Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 11-05-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Cotto hasn't been in many fights where he was supposed to lose but beats a guy's ass.

He was favored to beat Quintana, Mosley(I had it a Draw), Judah, Margarito I, Clottey(I had Clottey winning), Trout, Mayorga, Foreman, Rodriguez, and Margarito the second fight and won all except Trout and Margarito I fights.

He was underdog to lose against Pacquiao, Mayweather, Martinez, and lost all except Martinez.

So, I don't know what upsets were the one's Cotto was 'always' discredited for when this was the first upset of his career. It couldn't be his 140 days either where he was favored against everybody there, Malignaggi, Torres, Corley, Bailey, NDou, Sosa, etc.

Cotto has been the favorite for the majority of his big fights. He was underdog in 3 pro fights and lost 2.
                    Damn, you just went in with no vaseline. I guess Delvin Rodriguez was supposed to beat his ass, .

Comment

Stats:

Canelo has:
                      speed
                      power
                      mental game
                      youth
                      size
                      better combinations

Cotto has:
                      experience
                      better outside game
                      better defense
                      momentum

Both have:
                      liver liquifying left hooks.

Intangibles:
                      Canelo's chin still unproven
                      Canelo's size being too much
                      Cotto's age diminishing his performance
                      Cotto's mental game cracks

The fight will probably have Cotto circling, and him jabbing with the occasional combinations. Canelo looks to slip back and counter with a right hand(ala Mayweather). Canelo will come forward and find a lot more success than he did against Lara. There will be moments where Canelo corners Cotto into the ropes and Cotto becomes brave and stays there for too long. Canelo fakes a right hand and comes back with a left hook/uppercut(ala Morales). Canelo finds success and rips combinations while Cotto's back is against the ropes with Cotto looking to counter with a left hook.

If Cotto can hurt Canelo and Canelo gets reckless, Cotto can win.
                      If Canelo can withstand Cottos attack and applies smart explosive power, Canelo will win.

I got Canelo TKOs Cotto inside 7.
                      Last edited by WombBat; 11-05-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X