The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    The fact that so many of you had Cotto winning puzzles me
    Straight homerism! We were about 20 deep, 50/50 in terms of who we wanted to win. Nobody questioned the decision. We knew, in fact, we thought it would be a closer fight.

There was a guy on board who hates canelo, but very unbiased, so he knew.....everyone on this board knows....hellllll, cottos family knew.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvj View Post
      Straight homerism! We were about 20 deep, 50/50 in terms of who we wanted to win. Nobody questioned the decision. We knew, in fact, we thought it would be a closer fight.

There was a guy on board who hates canelo, but very unbiased, so he knew.....everyone on this board knows....hellllll, cottos family knew.
      I would hope that alcohol played a big role in the scorecards displayed by many posters last night

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Canelo can't fight going back and Cotto had him on his heels for at least the first three rounds. i think Cotto looked great, but boxing being what it is we had horrendous judges...I don't even mind Canelo winning, but not at those margins! And then we have a fight where one guy is substantially larger than the other...its like we may as well not have weight classes. At least have weigh ins closer to the fight.

Both guys threw accurate puncches, cotto threw punches in bunches, canelo sat down more on his shots. There is such corruption...did anyone see the punch stat that usually is used to validate? I have not seen them but would not be suprised not to see them as they would show how inept the judges were.

With all that said, this fight like sooo many could have gone either way.
        I'm with you brother.

There should be two weigh ins. Day before and one day of. If your coming into the ring two weight classes above the weight the fight is taking place then it should be stopped. 15-20 pounds Over the limit should be criminal. It's certainly unfair and I understand why Floyd made him come down to 152. They didn't weigh in fight night. Canelo probably weighed what he looked, 173-174.

I however credit Canelo for the win. He won. Info need to rewatch as I have very intoxicated. I did feel he won. He fought better than I ever imagined.

But what is absolutely certain is that judges must be arrested. Canelo won by a max of two rounds. It was very close. Cotto Outlanded Canelo but he was powerless.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Fuk you Maricon! Jk lol send me the link when u choose it. And it was Avy or sig not both
          haha k

Comment

• i really liked canelo head movement this fight

Comment

• As already said by virtually everyone, the cards for this fight where absolutely dreadful for the most part, although who the winner was is less of a debate...

Probably be next to no arguments if it was scored 7-5/8-4 to Canelo...Some definite shady officiating going on, and it was fairly blatant.

That being said, both fighters did well and gave us a nice fight, one to be appreciated for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                Lol you're a ******. Cotto looked terrible in there. Canelo was countering all night while slipping punches lol he even check hooked cotto. Never missed the right hook to the body and consistently landed that uppercut at will. It was not close and Canelo has been and always will be the better boxer.
                The excuses are flooding in bro lol. We tried to tell these idiots that Cotto was just matched well against wack opposition/injured fighters. Flags are at half staff bro lolol

#CaneloPower

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                  The excuses are flooding in bro lol. We tried to tell these idiots that Cotto was just matched well against wack opposition/injured fighters. Flags are at half staff bro lolol

#CaneloPower
                  LOL he looked sensational against Cotto. Its funny, we all knew if Cotto didn't get knocked out his fans and the haters would call it a robbery. Like clock work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    LOL he looked sensational against Cotto. Its funny, we all knew if Cotto didn't get knocked out his fans and the haters would call it a robbery. Like clock work.
                    Yes he moved beautifully. He's gotten so much better since the floyd fight. I only see him getting better too. And yes, them cry babies are shameless and predictable. We don't have to pay the usual delusionals any mind now

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                      Yes he moved beautifully. He's gotten so much better since the floyd fight. I only see him getting better too. And yes, them cry babies are shameless and predictable. We don't have to pay the usual delusionals any mind now
                      Yah he was dodging punches like Floyd in there it was sick

IDK man if he can stay away from GGG's power shots I think he can outbox him. Bring it son.

Comment

Working...
                      X