No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Cotto's power is not tested whatsover at MW so you cant say he got "solid power", not at MW anyway. His stoppages have been vs a dude with no knees and the other one vs a castmember from the walking dead.
    They didn't fight at MW.

It was 1lb above Jr middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      ***in hell are me and hype job the only ones that think this? Cotto was schooling him early only. Watch that fight in slow motion you guys will see lol. But really fight was 7-5 either way
      yall foos need to rewatch it, 8-4 clear as day for nelo

cotto was circling and landing jabs,nothing more

canelo was actually out hooking the hooker,and was landing uppcuts and straight rights with ease

his stamina is still garbage as usual,but even then late in the fight cotto was looking like he did against margs in the 10th and 11th round,running for his life

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        They didn't fight at MW.

155-160 is MW

Comment

• Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
          Saul Alvarez FINALLY showed some personality during the post fight interview! he used to always keep it politically correct and boring. Nice to see a change, he def needs more of this if he wants to be that next PPV star.

Now about the fight, i thought Cotto outclassed Canelo. I mean it's not like it's a complete robbery but i would of given Miguel an split decision. Canelo just needs to throw more punches to make it more convincing, maybe him having to train to lose weight is playing a big factor in his performance. Nice fight overall.
          I think Cotto showed that he was the better 'boxer' but also the smaller and older fighter. I thought Canelo had a pretty tight guard tonight even though early on he was getting picked off a little too much by Cotto's jab........ Canelo showed good defense but he's a bit immobile on his feet and he can"t seem to mix defense with offense...I mean, when someone attacks him with flurries he just covers up and waits for them to stop, instead of throwing a punch in somewhere between his opponents punches. I'm not sure if Canelo will improve much at this point....., maybe, maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            155-160 is MW
            I don't agree. Agreed catch-weight fights way below a division limit are their own thing IMO.

If they agreed to fight at MW and came in light, that's different. They agreed to fight 1lb above Jr middle and Cotto's power has looked very solid at that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by animalisticmeth View Post
              cotto is going to stop him. Quote me on that.
              Quoted for ******ity.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                ***in hell are me and hype job the only ones that think this? Cotto was schooling him early only. Watch that fight in slow motion you guys will see lol. But really fight was 7-5 either way
                No, you're not the only ones thinking that.

If I was a Canelo fan I'd be a bit concerned about that. Cotto was winning those early rounds clearly. It was a close fight. I think his size disadvantage and age were his weaknesses. Cotto hasn't been a strong late round fighter for many years and each year that goes by can only get worse. Canelo did what he had to do to win but he had some long stretches of this fight where he looked horrible. The score cards were ridiculous!

Comment

They didn't fight at MW.

Anything above 154 is MW and Canelo was EASILY 170+ lbs thus making him a true MW and a non handicapped one at that. So, really, Cotto's power shouldnt be called "solid" at MW.

Comment

I don't agree. Agreed catch-weight fights way below a division limit are their own thing IMO.

If they agreed to fight at MW and came in light, that's different. They agreed to fight 1lb above Jr middle and Cotto's power has looked very solid at that weight.
                    Because he was fighting handicaps!

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                      Canelo is crying because he knows GGG is next
                      Hahahaha your boy got BEAT UP!

Bye bye.

Comment

Working...
                      X