No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icha View Post
    some interesting info: arum told espn yesterday that he wants the fight on 5 de mayo weekend at Dallas...he says he is very confident they could make it happen there...
    Bob Arum está convencido de que la pelea entre Miguel Cotto y Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez puede concretarse el próximo 5 de mayo, en el estadio de los Dallas Cowboys en Arlington.
    "Nada está asegurado aún, pero creo que las negociaciones con todas las partes van en buen camino", dijo Arum en Macao, China. "Creo que el estadio de los Cowboys sería el lugar ideal, por muchas razones, incluyendo la capacidad".
    "Espero que la pelea, la cartelera, todo se concrete y podamos llevarla a Dallas", dijo. "Tenemos muy buenas experiencias allá con las dos peleas de Manny (Pacquiao)".

http://www.espndeportes.com/news/story/_/id/2233062/
    Would be sick AF if they did it in Cowboys stadium

Comment

some interesting info: arum told espn yesterday that he wants the fight on 5 de mayo weekend at Dallas...he says he is very confident they could make it happen there...
      Bob Arum está convencido de que la pelea entre Miguel Cotto y Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez puede concretarse el próximo 5 de mayo, en el estadio de los Dallas Cowboys en Arlington.
      "Nada está asegurado aún, pero creo que las negociaciones con todas las partes van en buen camino", dijo Arum en Macao, China. "Creo que el estadio de los Cowboys sería el lugar ideal, por muchas razones, incluyendo la capacidad".
      "Espero que la pelea, la cartelera, todo se concrete y podamos llevarla a Dallas", dijo. "Tenemos muy buenas experiencias allá con las dos peleas de Manny (Pacquiao)".

I think Arum is trying to put Cotto into retirement. Cinco de Mayo, in Texas? Cotto could knockdown Canelo every round and still lose in that cesspool that is the Texas Athletic Commission. Last time Arum had a guy fight there was Chavez when he fought Lee and Chavez didn't even have to take a drug test after the fight, who knows what Canelo will be able to do. Loaded gloves, steroids and 3 paid off judges... This fight should be in NY but it also makes sense in Vegas. Texas is literally the worst place in the US and probably the world when it comes to fair boxing matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        I think Arum is trying to put Cotto into retirement. Cinco de Mayo, in Texas? Cotto could knockdown Canelo every round and still lose in that cesspool that is the Texas Athletic Commission. Last time Arum had a guy fight there was Chavez when he fought Lee and Chavez didn't even have to take a drug test after the fight, who knows what Canelo will be able to do. Loaded gloves, steroids and 3 paid off judges... This fight should be in NY but it also makes sense in Vegas. Texas is literally the worst place in the US and probably the world when it comes to fair boxing matches.
        it makes more sense in vegas, but if it happens in dallas count me in with 4 tickets...

Comment

Texas does suck but we can't have home court every time. I'm cool him fighting in Mexican territory. I also hope Cotto doesn't get done dirty ohtthere but I kinda like the idea of it being in cowboys stadium. And we not gonna need the judges bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Texas does suck but we can't have home court every time. I'm cool him fighting in Mexican territory. I also hope Cotto doesn't get done dirty ohtthere but I kinda like the idea of it being in cowboys stadium. And we not gonna need the judges bro.
            I like to think Cotto can hurt Canelo badly and possibly concur with the bold if he wasn't already such a well equipped boxer. Even after he dropped Martinez 3x he proceeded to outpoint him in the rounds that followed. If his corner hadn't thrown in the towel who's to say Cotto wasn't in a position to cruise to a decision?

Far be it from me to take away from Cotto systematically breaking Sergio down in the 8th and 9th but if we're being honest, he's always been the type of fighter to resort to his boxing skills when he feels he can't outright knock his man out. He said it himself in a postfight interview after facing Mosely.

Canelo is a bigger man who I've never seen knocked down and can count on my fingers the amount of times he's been wobbled. Texas is practically it's own republic with obvious ties to Mexico. We're aware of the presence a boxer like Canelo, fighting under the Goldenboy banner, holds when it comes decision making. Even in Vegas.

Cotto's been shunned on the scorecards more than once in fights that mattered(won't say he's been robbed, but the judging has been questionable). I'm not even going to get into the compubox for the Mayweather fight, I can save that for a rainy day but it seems to me if Bob's looking for a sacrificial lamb it's in Cotto.. the way it was when Pac was on the rise and needed a vulnerable yet star studded name on his resume. Canelo's younger and a partnership with TopRank rakes in more cash for both parties in the years to come. So screw the judges, Cotto can only rely on himself and his corner in there. As much as I like Canelo I'm counting on the champ to land flush with his hooks and erase all doubt.

Comment

Arum also says Pac and Mayweather could take place there. I just can't see Cotto ever agreeing to fight Canelo in Texas on a Mexican holiday. No way in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                I think Cotto can KO Canelo, but I don't see it happening. Canelo is bigger than Sergio and even though Sergio got caught he didn't get KO'd they stopped the fight. Cotto's never really put anyone to sleep, he breaks his opponents down. I think he'll just box his head off for 8 or 9 rounds of the 12, but he won't get a fair shot in Texas. Like I said it should be in NY but I really have no problem with it in Vegas.

Comment

• I just cant see it in TX. Not sure, Aarum is always talking out his ass, if it happens then Miguel will have to go for the KO/Stoppage there is no other way. Cant see Cotto winning a decision over here.

We will see in the next few weeks and hopefully before the year's end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                    I like to think Cotto can hurt Canelo badly and possibly concur with the bold if he wasn't already such a well equipped boxer. Even after he dropped Martinez 3x he proceeded to outpoint him in the rounds that followed. If his corner hadn't thrown in the towel who's to say Cotto wasn't in a position to cruise to a decision?

Far be it from me to take away from Cotto systematically breaking Sergio down in the 8th and 9th but if we're being honest, he's always been the type of fighter to resort to his boxing skills when he feels he can't outright knock his man out. He said it himself in a postfight interview after facing Mosely.

Canelo is a bigger man who I've never seen knocked down and can count on my fingers the amount of times he's been wobbled. Texas is practically it's own republic with obvious ties to Mexico. We're aware of the presence a boxer like Canelo, fighting under the Goldenboy banner, holds when it comes decision making. Even in Vegas.

Cotto's been shunned on the scorecards more than once in fights that mattered(won't say he's been robbed, but the judging has been questionable). I'm not even going to get into the compubox for the Mayweather fight, I can save that for a rainy day but it seems to me if Bob's looking for a sacrificial lamb it's in Cotto.. the way it was when Pac was on the rise and needed a vulnerable yet star studded name on his resume. Canelo's younger and a partnership with TopRank rakes in more cash for both parties in the years to come. So screw the judges, Cotto can only rely on himself and his corner in there. As much as I like Canelo I'm counting on the champ to land flush with his hooks and erase all doubt.
                    I feel u bro but I think whoever wins this fights, wins by Ko. I see Cotto beating up Canelo unt his corner stops it if he can't fit Ginger down. **** the judges either way boy. Their biased score cards won't be needed.

Comment

I think Cotto can KO Canelo, but I don't see it happening. Canelo is bigger than Sergio and even though Sergio got caught he didn't get KO'd they stopped the fight. Cotto's never really put anyone to sleep, he breaks his opponents down. I think he'll just box his head off for 8 or 9 rounds of the 12, but he won't get a fair shot in Texas. Like I said it should be in NY but I really have no problem with it in Vegas.
                      Texas and Nevada are the same to me. Canelo got a draw in began vs Floyd. Lol and I think Cotto will beat the **** outta him and te fight gets stopped late.

Comment

Working...
                      X