Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter: Ward coming back soon, didn't send letter to HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see Goosen Promotions and Andre Ward mending fences and working together again. He'll probably just finish out the contract and HBO will pony up the money if he takes a big fight. I think Ward vs. Kessler 2 could earn them both nice paychecks but Ward may need to fly overseas but I think that fight at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall would be cool.

Comment

Hope it's true.

Can't wait to see the Champ back in action.

War SOG!!

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
        I can see Goosen Promotions and Andre Ward mending fences and working together again. He'll probably just finish out the contract and HBO will pony up the money if he takes a big fight. I think Ward vs. Kessler 2 could earn them both nice paychecks but Ward may need to fly overseas but I think that fight at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall would be cool.
        The Kessler rematch was supposedly close, but then broke down and Kessler might retire now

Comment

Who cares about ward, he hasnt had a real fight since 2011 and off that fight alone he wanted the entire boxing world to bend over backwards for him and pay him Mayweather money lol so Goosen did the best they can got him 2 million to fight bums like rodriquez and it still wasnt enough. I have absolutely no desire to seem him fight again and if is shelved for anotehr 2 years its no problem to me because its not like he was gonna come back and try to make real fights

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            The Kessler rematch was supposedly close, but then broke down and Kessler might retire now
            Andre wants to make sure Kessler is completely shot before fighting him in Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Andre wants to make sure Kessler is completely shot before fighting him in Denmark
              Well he's about to retire now
              think ward wants 1-2 tune-up fights. Not unreasonable... as long as it's not over the span of 3 years

Comment

Well anytime a top 10 p4p is fighting I wanna watch so this is good news. I'm not expecting a great opponent right away but as long as it's not a Salka type situation this is good news for boxing.
                Last edited by Baltimore; 11-05-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                  Well anytime a top 10 p4p is fighting I wanna watch so this is good news. I'm not expecting a great opponent right away but as long as it's not a Salka type situation this is good news for boxing.
                  I think the big issue though is he has like a 1.75 minimum with HBO.
                  So it's really who HBO will approve

Comment

Working...
                  X