Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you realise Mayweather was a top 10 ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading on NSB all the fantasy fights he wins.

Comment

That point must be somewhere in the distant future because I don't think Floyd has the makeup to be an ATG. He could learn a thing of two from Hopkins in regards to that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        This thread is going to be a 30 pager.

For me it was right after he beat Diego. I knew he had ATG talent. Just needed the resume to back it up.
        The talent is there, the heart, confidence and character are not though.

Comment

After i had my lobotomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
            Ray Leonard remembered for fighting Duran, Hearns and Hagler.
            Ali rembered for fight Liston, Frazier and Foreman.
            Mayweather will be remembered for not fighting Pacquiao.
            Im not sure hes top 10 but hes an ATG thats for sure. Floyd would have been great in any era. Some haters will say otherwise but he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              What about Never??
              I realized Floyd was a top 10ATG after he beat Pac, Khan and GGG, and then I woke up.

But actually, if he were to beat Pac, Khan and GGG at 160 he would be top 5

Comment

Floyd is top 5 regarding skill but when it comes to all time great he is to 25 maybe. You don't become an ATG based on skills or money. You become and ATG based on who you fought and when.
                Floyd could have fought margs, Williams, Martinez, pac, and now GGG. Based on what they were doing at the time the wanted to fight him those fights would haw made him a top 5-10 ATG maybe even top3. Instead he decided to go on vacations or take on the likes of a JMM two weight classes above him, the beast in Robert Guerrero and Chino Maidana.
                Sorry Floyd but you cost yourself a chance t be great based on your resume and the fact that you challenged yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I realized Floyd was a top 10ATG after he beat Pac, Khan and GGG, and then I woke up.

But actually, if he were to beat Pac, Khan and GGG at 160 he would be top 5
                  Why would beating Khan do anything for his legacy?

Comment

When he knocked out a tree.

Comment

Floyd will be remembered for knocking out the famous Hollywood actor Victor Ortiz with a sucker punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X