Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come tim bradley's popularity didn't increase after two fights with Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana is Hispanic and Tim is American, first off. Second, Americans don't follow boxing too much in comparison to other sports. Third, a lot of people don't like Mayweather while a TON of people like Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Maidana is Hispanic and Tim is American, first off. Second, Americans don't follow boxing too much in comparison to other sports. Third, a lot of people don't like Mayweather while a TON of people like Manny.
      Your first two reasons are sound but I don't know about your third. If a ton of people like Manny shouldn't they all be buying his fights? Still? I think the luster has worn off a bit and it'll take a little more than an Algieri to change that, even if he KO's him Hatton style which the stage has obviously been set for. Mayweather's #'s against Maidana weren't news shattering either. After "The One" turned out to be just another typical Mayweather fight, fans aren't quite buying that his opponents have much of a chance to beat him. He too will have to step it up in 2013.

Comment

Because he didn't look good in either fight. It didn't nothing for his stock. And the first fight almost got him killed.

Comment

Boxing is not a top-10 sport in America. Bradley also lost about 9-10 rounds in both fights.

Comment

I get the feeling this thread was supposed to highlight Floyd as the reason for the increase in Maidana's popularity. I could be wrong though.
            Last edited by b00g13man; 10-31-2014, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I think the gift decision Tim got in the first Manny fight sealed his fate.

His fights with JMM and RP were entertaining, but for me Tim just lacks a strong enough personality to really stamp himself on the front page.

He is a nice guy, and a great, talented fighter with real heart but maybe his lack of a KO 'highlight reel' holds him back.

I believe that popularity in boxing is based on polarizing fan-bases - People love or hate Floyd, Manny, Tyson, etc. When it comes to Timmy people just don't really care EITHER way.

Comment

Bradley's got the charisma of a grilled celery.

Comment

Bradley is just not a fighter that people follow, his worth isn't that great. It's the reason why he resigned with Arum when he had a chance to leave as a free agent. He knows what Arum was offering him isn't going to be topped by anyone else outside of Top rank.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    I think the gift decision Tim got in the first Manny fight sealed his fate.

His fights with JMM and RP were entertaining, but for me Tim just lacks a strong enough personality to really stamp himself on the front page.

He is a nice guy, and a great, talented fighter with real heart but maybe his lack of a KO 'highlight reel' holds him back.

I believe that popularity in boxing is based on polarizing fan-bases - People love or hate Floyd, Manny, Tyson, etc. When it comes to Timmy people just don't really care EITHER way.
                    Less his personality and more his style I reckon. If he could punch he'd have a following.

Comment

He didn't become "popular" because of the robbery. But he did become a much bigger name. Tim Bradley's name matters much more than it did beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                      X