Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cringe at people who say Khan doesn't deserve the Mayweather fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan is one of the worst choices of opponents of those available for Floyd.

5 JWW-MW's who are better choices and are realistic matches:

Miguel Cotto - Beat an old, injury plagued Martinez for The Ring MW title and WBC title, but still did it while being in the underdog role so props to him. Floyd can fight him at a CW above 154 with all 154-160 titles on the line. Cotto weighed in at 155lbs vs Martinez so a CW of 155 should not be an issue.

Kell Brook - Beat Shawn Porter in his home country and took his belt. Ranked #4 WW and is a very lucrative fight for Floyd at Wembley stadium and with UK PPV. Khan is too, but Brook has the more respectable ranking, has a title, and a win over a former top 5 WW.

Keith Thurman - Beat/retired Diaz with ease, who Khan barely beat just a year prior, even suffered a KD against him. Prior to losing to Thurman, Diaz went the distance with Porter, too. Good win vs Chaves too.

Danny Garcia - Despite his the Salka storyline, Garcia did KO Khan and beat Matthysse. He's also the Ring champ at 140.

Chris Algieri - If he beats Pacquiao. This is not a Top Rank fighter, he is signed to Star Boxing. Unfortunately he is stuck with HBO for at least one more fight after Pacquiao because he is being co-promoted by Provodnikov's promoters and part of the deal was 3 fights on HBO, if i'm not mistaken. But if a Mayweather fight is presented to them, I imagine something could be done, maybe a loophole can be found for HBO/Showtime to both show the fight. The whole Mayweather/Haymon vs Arum beef will not be in the way so it would a slightly easier fight to make.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      Broner would shatter khan's chin. Broner knows whats up in this vid

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        I'm done with you bro. Now you're saying Khan knocks Broner out.

Im done with you for saying Broner beats Khan (Broner got beat by both of Khan's leftovers ffs).

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          Broner would shatter khan's chin. Broner knows whats up in this vid

Did you even watch the video lol? where's the part where he said these words?

Comment

If there were proper boxing rankings then Khan wouldn't be in the top 10 at welterweight so wouldn't be considered for a shot. Mayweather would have to fight Pacquiou, Bradley, Marquez, Thurman et al.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              Im done with you for saying Broner beats Khan (Broner got beat by both of Khan's leftovers ffs).
              Khan is not the same fighter. He was an exciting, attacker with speed. Now he's a clinch machine under Hunter with a **** chin. Broner would whip his ass.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather will ever fight Khan tbh. Khan and Manny are the most threats based on styles and i've never seen mayweather fighting anyone with speed or explosiveness (apart from judah maybe, where his gloves touched the canvas).

not too long ago he did a poll 'for the fans' which Khan won, still didn't fight him.

So relax, he ain't fighting khan. I don't see that fight happening .

Comment

You have to beat guys in the top ten to get in the top ten. Juan Diaz, Carlos Molina and Luis Collazo are not in my top ten at welter but someone else might have them in there. They probably have a shot to sxxx Zab judah in there aswell.

Comment

Did you even watch the video lol? where's the part where he said these words?
                    Amir Khan definitely does have the Chin of a 12 year old boy.

Comment

Broner beat Paulie.

Comment

Working...
                      X