No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: What does Floyd do??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    I don't think Floyd will fight Garcia... it's just such an awful and publicly unappealing match-up... Even though maidana was a bad match up and he had no chance, at least the fight with Broner gave the general public that "hope" that "maybe" this will be the guy that gives Mayweather problems... How in the WORLD will they sell that idea with danny garcia?

At least with Khan he has some speed, they could play up that angle... Even though that's still an unappealing matchup... Honestly, besides manny, only Lara and Thurman come to mind as guys with the skills in Lara's case or the power in Thurman's case to beat or give Floyd serious problems... but those guys aren't "popular" enough... and I doubt Floyd duckweather will put the time into selling a guy that might actually beat him...

Yeah, if he actually fights Danny Garcia, there will be boycott action on this site like you've never seen before.
    Garcia has a big fanbase of fans. Casuals know him. He has haters. He KOed Khan, Beat Lucas Matthysse, and pretty much has earned the fight IMO. However, Pacquiao has earned it more than Garcia has.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      I'll say Brook then. WW, Champ, undefeated, not as popular as Maidana but he speaks English and will bring a contingent
      But why fight Brooke over Khan, what's the advantage... Is Brooke just a safer choice that gets a similar amount of buys? Khan definitely does better numbers than Brooke... I really can't imagine Floyd being scared of Khan the way he is of Manny.

Comment

I think he would fight Brook..or dare i say move up and fight Taylor for a mw title(which would be disgusting)

Comment

He finds someone else, like he's done the past 3 years when he wanted to fight Khan but Khan kept losing.

Comment

DO Maidana-Mayweather III in Argentina, **** it! I'd buy it!

Comment

But why fight Brooke over Khan, what's the advantage... Is Brooke just a safer choice that gets a similar amount of buys? Khan definitely does better numbers than Brooke... I really can't imagine Floyd being scared of Khan the way he is of Manny.
              Brook has a World title!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                Garcia has a big fanbase of fans. Casuals know him. He has haters. He KOed Khan, Beat Lucas Matthysse, and pretty much has earned the fight IMO. However, Pacquiao has earned it more than Garcia has.
                I get that Garcia has that fan base, but he hasn't earned it anymore than Lara or Thurman has earned it... In fact less, considering his last opponent and the fact that he lost to Herrara to everyone with vision... The win over Khan was a long time ago too... But then again Floyd fought Guerrero, so who knows... I'm just saying, he's got 2 fights left, maybe three... Is he really that much of an ass, he's gonna tarnish his legacy with such a bad choice? At the tail end of his career, he seems to be trying to take every successive fight to the next level, to some must see event that transcends a typical PPV fight... I don't see him doing that with Garcia, unless they pit Garcia against someone huge before and he comes out looking like a beast.

Comment

Brook has a belt, and an undefeated record, and Khan has a Glass chin and the way he has fought, he has shown he does not deserve a shot at Mayweather.

Comment

I just went with Brook because TS painted the scenario where Khan would be unimpressive in the Devon fight. I can't tell or not if Khan is legitimately in the running so to speak...so really he has to go out and beat Devon like he did Judah to even be in serious contention. Brook just by virtue of being undefeated WW champ should already be in consideration

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      I'll say Brook then. WW, Champ, undefeated, not as popular as Maidana but he speaks English and will bring a contingent
                      His accent is horrendous. I can't pick a word when he speaks in that silly little accent of him. Also his whole resume revolves around just 1 decent win.

Comment

Working...
                      X