Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst refereeing you've seen in a fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    i dont think peterson-khan, floyd-hatton or floyd-ortiz were bad.

in floyd ortiz the only mistake the ref did was not catching on to the headbutts from ortiz earlier, dude was using his head all night. then when ortiz used the most blatant headbutt in boxing history he finally did his job. stopped the action, took a point and then started the action again. if ortiz doesnt defend himself at that point that his fault alone. the ref clearly instructed them to box, both verbally and physically.

against hatton, cortez broke them up like two times too many and people blow it way out of proportion. the real issue here is that hatton is an extremely dirty fighter inside and in england he has been getting away with it his entire career. so now brits see a ref actually doing his job correctly and think floyd is being protected, when in reality its the first time hatton isnt protected. whats really funny is the same people bash ward over his "hugging style" when he is doing the same thing hatton did except to a much, much much lesser degree. grabbing on to guys to create leverage inside, hatton not only does it more but he actually holds them with one arm WHILE he is hitting them with the other which is a very blatant foul. cortez wasnt having it, good for him.

khan was lucky he wasnt DQed against peterson, just like hatton he has been spoiled most of his career and allowed to break the rules as he pleases. finally a ref stood his ground and did his job. pushing, holding, headlocking, holding and hitting, pushing the head, pushing the head down and hitting, low blows etc.. people get hung up on the pushing but thats a mistake. khan was using one of bikas old tricks, foul someone one way for a while then switch fouls and many refs never take points because he isnt committing the same foul each time. but when a guy is purposely being dirty every round and its having a huge impact on the fight you have to take points away, pick one of the fouls and do it. in this case pushing, probably because its most blatantly on purpose.

edit: the ref in dirrell-abraham did an excellent job. there was only one call to make and he got it right.

salido-loma, mares-agbeko 1 and any vic draculich fight are all cases of truly poor refereeing.
    He did an excellent job stopping the action everytime Abraham had Dirrell cornered or on the ropes. He did an excellent job calling time to have an Abraham cut checked just when Abraham landed a hard hook and was about to follow up. He did an excellent job robbing Abe of a legit KD.

The DQ was the only call to make, but he basically frustrated Abe into that foul with his blatant bias.

Comment

mercante's refusal to let yuri foreman's corner throw in the towel will always stick with me.

mercante hasn't reffed a significant fight since, IIRc.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        mercante's refusal to let yuri foreman's corner throw in the towel will always stick with me.

Aye, I think it's ridiculous that a referee can throw a towel back out if a fighter's corner throws it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          russelll mora in the first mares/agbeko

that one was unbelievable, and the rounds for that fight were like 30 seconds shorter, 2.30 mins rounds
          Not only that he picked up Coggi after a knockdown and gave him so much time to recover.

That Mares/Agbeko fight was the other one I was going to suggest. I have never seen so many low blows with out any warnings.

Comment

Jack Reiss in Kessler-Ward

Lawrence Cole in Lomachenko-Salido

Ian John-Lewis in Briggs-Klitschko.

Comment

I loved that call - because of Mercente's split sec ref acumen we got to see Cotto's highlight reel KO of Foreman

Comment

Yeah that was a pretty rare thing to witness. But maybe that fight had the "Only the referee can stop the fight" ruling? Whereby despite corner intervention or advice from the doctor it is ultimately the referees decision? I dunno, but a ref blatantly disregarding a submission from the corner is a bad one.

Comment

I'd advise watching from the start to get a feel for the fight. If not, skip to about the 7th minute mark.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Aye, I think it's ridiculous that a referee can throw a towel back out if a fighter's corner throws it in.

he literally threw it back out of the ring

then he asked the corner "who threw the towel," and the chief second said "i did."

i was f#cking embarassed. i watched that fight with friends, and while they were excited because the fight was fun, they were shocked at how unprofessional the officiating was in the sport.

mercante literally threw the towel back into the crowd. you can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
                      The World's greatest Humanitarian:

The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

looooooooool

Comment

Working...
                      X