Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer took the most punishment in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boxer took the most punishment in his career?

Out of all the boxers who took one too many punches -- i.e. James Toney, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Shane Mosley, Fernando Vargas, and so on -- who took the most punishment in a single career?

Basically, who hung up the gloves having received the most damage?

So, who retired as the most punished boxer?

Gatti took too many punches in nearly every single fight he had. He never had it easy. Breaking skin, blood, pain. He had to work through it all.

The sport must have meant so much to him, because every fight he had the hell beaten out of him, but he still could muster up enough to beat most of his opponents up just as bad or worse.

Comment

Bert Cooper used to get beat the **** up every time by heavyweights

Comment

Antwun Echols

Comment

According to their bouts it doesn't seem like they did but take at the way they ended up Gerald Mcclem,Zombie, Ali Parkinson Disease, Floyd Sr and Roger both talk like if they have **** in their mouth, James Toney talks like he drank a bottle of Night Train, Meldrick Taylor probably doesn't remember where he lives

Comment

out of the true elite of boxing, Ali has got to be up there.

Guys who were simply good, then men like Mclelan, Watson and so on come to mind. Men who have ended up very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              out of the true elite of boxing, Ali has got to be up there.

Guys who were simply good, then men like Mclelan, Watson and so on come to mind. Men who have ended up very bad.

ali comes to mind first.

he had an amazing chin. when his legs went in the 70's, he had the chin and the clinching and tactics off of the ropes to prolong fights. he also fought in the best era ever at HW. he was the perfect storm for punishment-taking.

i still think the most brutal two-way fight i've seen is the thrilla in manilla. if that had kept going, somebody would have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                ali comes to mind first.

he had an amazing chin. when his legs went in the 70's, he had the chin and the clinching and tactics off of the ropes to prolong fights. he also fought in the best era ever at HW. he was the perfect storm for punishment-taking.

i still think the most brutal two-way fight i've seen is the thrilla in manilla. if that had kept going, somebody would have been killed.
                Yeah the Thrilla was brutal, I'm glad it was stopped but honestly, it should have stopped by Frazier's corner some 2 rounds earlier. It should never have been allowed to get to that stage. Frazier had been taking a beating since the 7th if I remember correctly and in all honesty, the second round of that fight wasn't very competitive at all.

Comment

Working...
                X