Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven A Smith beef with Floyd...how can you take Floyd's side here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    English please.

Was Khan not being written off against Collazo who many predicted would KO khan? Did Khan not win a title by beating Collazo? So how is this any different than the above mentioned?
    he didn't win a world title belt against collazo like Ortiz and Maidana did. Look, we can agree to disagree. Khan has not earned a fight for the lineal ww title IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      he didn't win a world title belt against collazo like Ortiz and Maidana did. Look, we can agree to disagree. Khan has not earned a fight for the lineal ww title IMO.
      And I'm not saying he has, but neither did the guys I mentioned.

If beating Berto gets you a shot.

If beating Broner who moved up 2 weight division and was clearly out of his league gets you a shot.

Then I dont see given those examples how beating Collazo who just KO'd Ortiz doesn't get you a shot.

Just saying!.....

Comment

Khan may not have earned a shot a Floyd as of yet, but neither did guys like Ortiz, Guerrero, or Maidana.

That's besides the point though. Just because Khan doesnt deserve a shot doesnt mean he doesnt give Floyd some problems. Styles make fights and a Floyd/Khan fight will be very interestiing. He brings a totally different look than what Floyd has seen in his recent fights.
        Ortiz and Maidana were world champions at ww man..Guerrero was a **** fight

Comment

And I'm not saying he has, but neither did the guys I mentioned.

If beating Berto gets you a shot.

If beating Broner who moved up 2 weight division and was clearly out of his league gets you a shot.

Then I dont see given those examples how beating Collazo who just KO'd Ortiz doesn't get you a shot.

Just saying!.....
          those were title fights-Ortiz was champ Floyd #1 contender. Maidana-unification. you know the difference but choose to ignore or minimize it.

Timing is different. If you beat JMM like chris John did doesn't mean you get a ww title shot now that JMM is a ww and beat other ww's.

I agree with Stephen a-Floyd shouldn't fight khan next if he doesn't fight Manny.

Comment

lets be real tho stephen a has no business talking boxing even tho he is right in this situation

Comment

English please.

Was Khan not being written off against Collazo who many predicted would KO khan? Did Khan not win a title by beating Collazo? So how is this any different than the above mentioned?
              Collazo has been irrelevant for over 5 years man..and he beat an Ortiz who was on a 2 fight ko losing streak

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Ortiz and Maidana were world champions at ww man..Guerrero was a **** fight
                I'm basing it off the quality of opposition. Titles/belts nowadays dont mean shiet. There's numerous titles going around. Anybody can be a champion. The sanctioning bodies make up titles now as they go along.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  those were title fights-Ortiz was champ Floyd #1 contender. Maidana-unification. you know the difference but choose to ignore or minimize it.

Timing is different. If you beat JMM like chris John did doesn't mean you get a ww title shot now that JMM is a ww and beat other ww's.

I agree with Stephen a-Floyd shouldn't fight khan next if he doesn't fight Manny.
                  I'm with you here.

I just dont agree with Stephen A when he says that Floyd should rematch Cotto or Canelo. Those are pointless fights for Floyd at this point. Floyd has 2 fights left (so he says). Give the fans some new blood.

Comment

Originally posted by antrecasner View Post
                    I lost mad respect for Floyd after seeing that shyt. The dude goes the back for Floyd all the time and to blast him the way he did for something that's ABSOLUTELY TRUE was some bull****
                    Mayweather just been on one lately, he cries loyalty but is the one who turns his back on that shit. Ellerbe gay ass been with him from jump and mayweather fires him and oust him publicly, 50 cent been cool with him and he turns his back on him, his own father he mistreated and disrespected beyond crossing the line, the ish goes on and on

Comment

Khan may not have earned a shot a Floyd as of yet, but neither did guys like Ortiz, Guerrero, or Maidana.

That's besides the point though. Just because Khan doesnt deserve a shot doesnt mean he doesnt give Floyd some problems. Styles make fights and a Floyd/Khan fight will be very interestiing. He brings a totally different look than what Floyd has seen in his recent fights.
                      Ortiz beat Berto. RG beat up Berto. And Maidana beat up Broner. Not the greatest wins but all were better than anything Khan has done as of late.

Comment

Working...
                      X