Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven A Smith beef with Floyd...how can you take Floyd's side here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pressure to fight another worth while opponent is getting Floyd really nervous...

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      We can debate who "earns" the right to fight whom all day. But aren't you at least a little interested in what Khan could do against Mayweather, given that a Pacquiao fight is non-existent? Khan has a weak chin, but has pop and speed, while Mayweather is an aging tactician with speed and some pop. I think it would be a fun fight to watch.
      no. I'd rather see Floyd fight actual ww's who have campaigned at the weight. I am not into making fights because they are "fun". I prefer fights get made because they are warranted.

Amir is a talented fighter, without question. That said, why should he get a shot at a lineal ww title ahead of guys who actually fight and defeat ww's?

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        Did anyone notice that Mayweather didn't blame Manny for not wanting to make the fight during his attack on Smith? He pretty much said that he is his own boss, and he'll fight two bums if he wants to. It's all about ego with Mayweather, and keeping that "0" at all costs. A well-known sports commentator like Smith calling him out must really burn his ass.
        erry body been knowing that........that's why......

Comment

• Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
          The only fight worth making outside of Pacquiao - Mayweather from a legacy standpoint is Glovokin or Miguel Cotto.

Canelo does nothing, as sure he might have a learned a little bit over the last year + but in general he still has the same problems that showed in the Lara fight.

So how Stephen A Smith thinks that Canelo deserves another chance is beyond me, I even had Guerrero winning 1 round vs Mayweather, Canelo 0

what does a cotto rematch do for Floyd's legacy? he already beat cotto. whats the point in doing it again?

and don't say the middleweight title because if floyd fights at middleweight, it has too be against the man everybody considers the true champ at 160. (ggg).

just like when Oscar went too 160, he could have said **** it after he got that gift against sturm. but he knew fighting at middleweight meant nothing if he didn't fight b hop. the true champ at 160 at the time.

I don't want no more rematches for Floyd.

Floyd/pacquiao
          Floyd/Garcia
          Floyd/Thurman
          Floyd/Andrade
          Floyd/khan
          Floyd/golovkin

these are the fights that should be on the table for floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            what does a cotto rematch do for Floyd's legacy? he already beat cotto. whats the point in doing it again?

and don't say the middleweight title because if floyd fights at middleweight, it has too be against the man everybody considers the true champ at 160. (ggg).

just like when Oscar went too 160, he could have said **** it after he got that gift against sturm. but he knew fighting at middleweight meant nothing if he didn't fight b hop. the true champ at 160 at the time.

I don't want no more rematches for Floyd.

Floyd/pacquiao
            Floyd/Garcia
            Floyd/Thurman
            Floyd/Andrade
            Floyd/khan
            Floyd/golovkin

these are the fights that should be on the table for floyd
            If he beats Cotto he would have a title at MW... that would add a lot to his legacy. Also, every single guy you mentioned except Golovkin (Andrade... who?) they have no chance, none. Nobody knows who they are and they aren't even good. Another win against Cotto at MW is better than beating Thurman, Garcia and Khan. Garcia already lost, Khan lost twice and Thurman's best win is a D class punching bag.

And when I bring up the losses it's to B and C level fighters. Khan lost in brutal KO fashion and Danny got outboxed by a guy nowhere near Floyd's level.
            Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 10-17-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Not surprised Floyd fans calling him Uncle Tom after agreeing with him before.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I don't think khan has done anything to earn a Floyd fight-same as Stephen A. I don't see the need or a Canelo rematch or a cotto rematch, but they are better than a khan fight IMO.

your point about styles is fair-but a guy who is 3-0 at ww shouldn't get a shot at the title.
                According to Floyd Khan has been kayo'ed before and need to avenge his losses before they fight but several months ago Khan was Floyd's number one option.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                  According to Floyd Khan has been kayo'ed before and need to avenge his losses before they fight but several months ago Khan was Floyd's number one option.
                  did floyd say that khan needed to avenge losses before they fight? when? I missed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    did floyd say that khan needed to avenge losses before they fight? when? I missed that.
                    So the JMM KO shouldn't be roadblock in making Floyd/Manny correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      So the JMM KO shouldn't be roadblock in making Floyd/Manny correct?
                      did floyd say it was? saying "he has JMM problems" in an interview is not a snag in negotiations. that's like saying manny is blocking the fight because he picked up the phone on Kimmel knowing it wouldn't ring.

Come on BOA.

Comment

Working...
                      X