Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Why do guys sign them..

If you don't like the contracts, don't blame haymon, blame the fighter who signs them and their team (manager, lawyer, etc)

None of these fighters have signed under duress
    Who said I'm blaming all haymon? It doesn't change the fact that the language and terms are slave contracts.....

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
      Who said I'm blaming all haymon? It doesn't change the fact that the language and terms are slave contracts.....
      I'm just saying that I wouldn't consider it a slave contract if these guys freely hand control of their career to al..

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        no but if floyd wanted to fight a guy like pac and haymon didn't want him to he could nix it. legally he has that right. floyd can't think for himself. he should really stop pretending that he's his own man. haymon tells him what to do. haymon tells him when to go pee.
        Thats the point im trying to make , he could stop it, but i don't think he will. I think him and Floyd go over the next move together. Al gives him his idea and opponents he thinks he should fight and Floyd give his take on what he wants.

The Pac fight at this moment is on Floyd to make. As much as he says he doesn't watch the fights, that's bs. Lets see how Pac looks in the Algiri fight, Floyd might change his mind.

Comment

Entire Haymon contract is on page 33.
          http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media-Img-2/Complaint.pdf

Comment

Dudes are signing these contracts and everybody can have legal representation,, you can't blame haymon for being smart
            So it's okay for a slick College educated grad to take advantage over naive uneducated boxers ?

Comment

lol, remember that post fight interview when mayweather was asked about pacquiao and said "im my own boss, manny pacquiao has a boss" and the very next question was, "so would you like to fight pacquiao?" mayweather's response "uhh, i'd have to talk to al haymon"

Comment

This is what I dont understand.

If Floyd has an exclusive deal with Showtime. What does he need Haymon for? At this stage in Floyd's career, what is Haymon doing for him that Floyd cant do for himself? I can understand an up and coming boxer signing with him in order to get big fights but why Floyd? Floyd can fight pretty much whomever he wants.
                Last edited by Deevel916; 10-14-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I wish Thurman had not signed with him. What a waste.

Comment

Why do guys sign them..

If you don't like the contracts, don't blame haymon, blame the fighter who signs them and their team (manager, lawyer, etc)

None of these fighters have signed under duress
                    In a lot of cases it was sign with Haymon to get a certain fight. Matthysse to get Garcia, Maidana to get Broner, Khan to get Mayweather etc.

Probably doesn't amount to duress, but it's not cool either. A manager isn't supposed to meddle like that.

Comment

Fighters do not have to sign with Haymon. They do so because Haymon gets his fighters more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X