No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes Don King look like a saint

Can't negotiate or take any fights without Al's signature and no minimum fights per year and no minimum purses

So basically if you're on his bad side he can put you on the shelf indefinitely

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Fighters do not have to sign with Haymon. They do so because Haymon gets his fighters more money.
      So Matthysse and Maidana would have got the Garcia and Broner/FMJ fights without signing with Haymon? You'll probably argue in the affirmative, but I sincerely doubt they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        So Matthysse and Maidana would have got the Garcia and Broner/FMJ fights without signing with Haymon? You'll probably argue in the affirmative, but I sincerely doubt they would.
        You don't know this for sure. has there been an article stating this was the case? If not, why are you saying for sure it was? Just because it's Haymon?

You are entitled to your opinion but it feels like you are suggesting this solely because its Al and you don't like him.

Yes, Haymon probably does as others do-make signing with him a condition of getting a fight. Fighters do so because they tend to get bigger paydays.

Comment

You don't know this for sure. has there been an article stating this was the case? If not, why are you saying for sure it was? Just because it's Haymon?

You are entitled to your opinion but it feels like you are suggesting this solely because its Al and you don't like him.

Yes, Haymon probably does as others do-make signing with him a condition of getting a fight. Fighters do so because they tend to get bigger paydays.
          What made you lose your corny and embarrassing al gaymon avi?

Comment

In a lot of cases it was sign with Haymon to get a certain fight. Matthysse to get Garcia, Maidana to get Broner, Khan to get Mayweather etc.

Probably doesn't amount to duress, but it's not cool either. A manager isn't supposed to meddle like that.
            Ya, that doesn't seem cool to me either man...I mean all of the promoters are sketchy to one degree or another, but this guy just seems like something else. It seems like Jay-z got into boxing just to ef around with him, now that's an expensive grudge!

Comment

Fighters do not have to sign with Haymon. They do so because Haymon gets his fighters more money.
              Or they think he will. Plenty of fighters under Haymon where he's done nothing for then (keith thurman for example ).

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Or they think he will. Plenty of fighters under Haymon where he's done nothing for then (keith thurman for example ).
                Keith is injured. He continues to get exposure despite this. His last fight he headlined the card. Its hard to say Haymon did nothing for him.

Look, its clear Haymon is doing what he is doing for his benefit. boxing is a sea infested with sharks-we can't only get mad when one shark feasts. C'mon man.

Comment

Well then we're on the same page. The objection is that it is usually promoters who do it while Haymon is a manager. Iirc that was part of the basis of Main Events lawsuit.

It's not that I don't like him, it's difficult to dislike anyone you have never seen or even heard speak, but the new division (in a literal sense) in boxing has scuppered a lot of potential match-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Good point, I don't get the way Thurman's career has been handled in the last year....it's almost like he's being kept away from Haymon's other money makers at WW.....with the Quillen debacle would it surprise anyone?

Comment

Well then we're on the same page. The objection is that it is usually promoters who do it while Haymon is a manager. Iirc that was part of the basis of Main Events lawsuit.

It's not that I don't like him, it's difficult to dislike anyone you have never seen or even heard speak, but the new division (in a literal sense) in boxing has scuppered a lot of potential match-ups.
                      You should at least have something to suggest your opinion is fair. Nothing I have seen suggests this was the case.

Haymon isn't the reason for the cold war. He has every right to pursue his interests. I can understand why HBO refused to do business with him-but that doesn't make what al is doing wrong or bad.

Haymon had a plan and is executing it. If it works, its better for all of us. If it doesn't-then we can all still benefit if the fights we want are made.

Comment

Working...
                      X