No announcement yet.

Hearn should get Joshua these guys next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
    I never said he'd been stopped. Listen to the dude talk man, he doesn't need to get punched in the head anymore
    That's not my problem,, if I'm Hearn and he is willing to fight, then of course I'm gonna send Joshua out to destroy and hopefully stop a legend for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Some solid choices, but i would wait a year or so,, no need to rush AJ..

I think he needs to fight guys just a notch below that to get exposure, build name, and get experience..

Guys like james toney, that dont pose alot of risk but will give joshua rounds...

2015 i would have joshua fight every 8 weeks vs guys like
      toney
      rahman
      botha
      sherman
      mollo

then bump up to price, cunningham, adamek, mitchell, banks

Botha would be good about now and so would mollo. Idk why but I want to see him in the ring with that argentine Moli that fought wlad awhile back

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Apparently Hearn wants to make Joshua against the Fury-Chisora winner.

I don't think he's ready for those guys yet.
        Totally agree...

Those are 2016-17 type fights.. Let Joshua stay active vs tough journeymen in 2015 before he steps up...

Lennox took 4 years till he stepped up.. But he fought good gatekeepers in 91-92.. Let Joshua fight the gatekeepers for a year and step up in 2016.. I really don't see the reason for the rush
        Joshua vs fury, chisora is much bigger in 2016 then it would be 6 months for now..
        You gotta let Joshua get exposure and build his name to maximize his earnings, because once you step up, you can never step down or your considered a hype job cherry picker.. Let him beat up gatekeepers for the next 8 fights and then step up in 2016-17

Comment

I was there live yesterday. He himself says he needs more experience.

I had a feeling that when it comes to rounds, he said he isn't there yet. This was an interview about being in the Wladimir camp.

In the HW scene you don't need to rush.

Hearn doesn't hold back fighters like Frank Warren for example. He sees money in tough 50/50 fights.

I respect that.

He has speed and every time he lands I am like damnnn because the arena can hear the power. However he may gas, his power may not be enough VS top guys. His chin is weak I feel but let's see, he is now a man.

Comment

Hearn should target the loser of Fury-Chisora.

I think that will be Chisora and that's a very good opponent for Joshua. He's aggressive, durable and does not punch hard. I want to see him challenge fighters of all different styles so if there is any work to be done, it can be made clear early on.

Does anyone fancy going into business with me and smuggling Savon out of Cuba doe?

Comment

I don't think they need to rush him. They need to get him some rounds, Bakhtov is a pretty durable guy but he isn't very big for heavy. They should match him against someone like Evgeny Orlov, he pretty durable and is almost 6'10" and about 330lbs. Still not sure he'd go the distance with Joshua but he's at least much bigger than the guys Joshua has been facing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                I don't think they need to rush him. They need to get him some rounds, Bakhtov is a pretty durable guy but he isn't very big for heavy. They should match him against someone like Evgeny Orlov, he pretty durable and is almost 6'10" and about 330lbs. Still not sure he'd go the distance with Joshua but he's at least much bigger than the guys Joshua has been facing so far.

Wouldn't be too bad to fight simply because of the size and the fact he hasn't been stopped THAT regularly, but I don't think this is a good fight to build on...it's more of a comeback fight when you are building from the bottom, a bit like Price when he was scheduled to fight him.
                Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 10-12-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post

Wouldn't be too bad to fight simply because of the size and the fact he hasn't been stopped THAT regularly, but I don't think this is a good fight to build on...it's more of a comeback fight when you are building from the bottom, a bit like Price when he was scheduled to fight him.
                  He's might be able to get Joshua some rounds, that what he needs most at this point in his career imo. And he faced a number of prospects with about level of experience as Joshua like Glazkov, Pulev, Wach, and more recently Muralimov, who is a big puncher but not big at all for heavyweight.

Comment

Joshua does not need rounds against journeymen. Here's the problem with what you're proposing.

You're assuming that a journeyman, who's boxing ability is vastly inferior compared to Joshua, will be allowed to compete against him for more than a round or two. Bakhtov was not rendered unconscious and unable to continue, he was simply outclassed and over here that is enough to earn a stoppage.

He needs someone who is durable enough to withstand punishment but able enough to avoid it and make Joshua work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      That's not my problem,, if I'm Hearn and he is willing to fight, then of course I'm gonna send Joshua out to destroy and hopefully stop a legend for the first time
                      Chill dude, I never said it was. Personally I'd just rather not see the guy get even more brain damage, I'm not asking you to stop the fight happening. And not just because its Toney, its very sad to see any fighter carrying on in such a state.

Comment

Working...
                      X