No announcement yet.

Too many people sleeping on Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many people sleeping on Tyson Fury

This guy is legit, inside and outside game, size, power, heart, determination.
    This guy is the one to watch and look out for not Joshua

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
    he lacks important criteria materials to form a bandwagon or hype train.

That being said.
    He is pretty annoying. Got dropped by Cunningham which didnt do him any good. I just dont see the point in getting excited about fighters who claim to be the next heavyweight champ but they all seem to avoid each other on the way up. Its a shame. He is big, seems to have a punch, and some good skills. There are people who are really big on the guy, Dwyer for instance thinks he will beat Klitchko if im not mistaken, or at least give him all he can handle.

Comment

Yeah, Fury is obviously the more proven of the two. He is just rematching a guy he beat quite well when he was a fat tub of lard, now he is in far better condition. My only concern is if he can stay focused and stay on boxing because the kid has skills, it's just sad that he has neglected them so often in the recent past to try and seem more exciting.

He needs to stick to what he was doing well early on, and that was jabbing, moving and throwing beautiful upper cuts. Recently, all I've seen him do is run in and get caught way too often.

Comment

In essence, they both are to be watched. Tyson should be a lot further along in his career than Joshua for obvious reasons and perhaps that is working against Tyson. Fighting in the ring gets recognition and accomplishments, not turning tables over at conferences. I realize that this situation isn't entirely Tyson's fault, but he has to be more aggressive and start taking on replacements when the primary (Chisora\Haye) fails to show-up.

Joshua is still a NEWCOMER, and based on his performance so far, he has a bright future -- Plus he has the crowd support. IMHO, Joshua is going to overtake Tyson in popularity if he keeps fighting and winning.

Golden rule in boxing ... You can't sit on the shelf and expect to remain relevant or competitive, you have to get in the ring and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          In essence, they both are to be watched. Tyson should be a lot further along in his career than Joshua for obvious reasons and perhaps that is working against Tyson. Fighting in the ring gets recognition and accomplishments, not turning tables over at conferences. I realize that this situation isn't entirely Tyson's fault, but he has to be more aggressive and start taking on replacements when the primary (Chisora\Haye) fails to show-up.

Joshua is still a NEWCOMER, and based on his performance so far, he has a bright future -- Plus he has the crowd support. IMHO, Joshua is going to overtake Tyson in popularity if he keeps fighting and winning.

Golden rule in boxing ... You can't sit on the shelf and expect to remain relevant or competitive, you have to get in the ring and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
            Don't laugh dude ..... Joshua is only "9" fights into his career and already he's getting serious buzz -- While Fury is pushing "23" fights into his career with sporadic buzz.

Comment

All I have to say

Comment

Fury definitely has a good skill set, I could see him giving anyone trouble if he has a solid game plan against them and sticks to it. He does have good ability.

Joshua has that something special in terms of speed, power, combos, he seems like he's at a better stage at 9 fights deep than Fury was after his first 9 fights. Tyson fought a guy with 22 losses / 4 wins, in his 9th fight while Joshua fought a guy with 38 wins/9 losses. Tyson couldn't KO the guy he fought even though he'd been KOd nearly 10 times before while Joshua KOd Bakhtov who hadn't been stopped for 10 years & when he was still green.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  Fury definitely has a good skill set, I could see him giving anyone trouble if he has a solid game plan against them and sticks to it. He does have good ability.

Joshua has that something special in terms of speed, power, combos, he seems like he's at a better stage at 9 fights deep than Fury was after his first 9 fights. Tyson fought a guy with 22 losses / 4 wins, in his 9th fight while Joshua fought a guy with 38 wins/9 losses. Tyson couldn't KO the guy he fought even though he'd been KOd nearly 10 times before while Joshua KOd Bakhtov who hadn't been stopped for 10 years & when he was still green.
                  Maybe if Fury was punching the opponents instead of himself the kos would happen.

Comment

He's shown far too many technical deficiencies against much smaller guys to make me think hed far well against bigger heavyweights.

In other words, he's an unskilled oaf.

Comment

Working...
                    X