Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Explains Decision to Condense 24/7 Pacquiao/Algieri

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Explains Decision to Condense 24/7 Pacquiao/Algieri

Manny Pacquiao is recognized as the face of HBO Boxing. This much has been evident through his years on the network, and the commit to showcase the international superstar in his 10th appearance on its award-winning 24/7 series for his upcoming Nov. 22 clash with Chris Algieri in Macau.

All parties involved also had the sense to realize that—sometimes¬—there can be too much of a good thing. With that in mind, the executive decision was made by the network to condense its upcoming edition of the reality series into one 30-minute segment.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If its only one show, why not do "a road to", or a "countdown to" pacquaio-algieri type show.? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
      If its only one show, why not do "a road to", or a "countdown to" pacquaio-algieri type show.? Smh
      Yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        This.

it probably will be a Roat to or countdown show.

Comment

1 episode.... while i do agree seeing pacman and floyds 24/7 have lost its interest over the years, still its going to be weird only seeing 1 episode

Comment

The truth is that Pacquiao no longer peak the interest of the general public. He fights nobodies and has beens. He's been knocked out by an old man. And that's why he has 2 fight over in Asia. His ppv numbers area joke. He's ducking Kahn... the one guy who could help his ppv numbers. But because of all the times kahn dominated Pacquiao in sparring, Pacquiao became fearful of him.

Comment

24/7 and All Access are completely played out. It was a fresh, great idea in the beginning but now it's boring and repetitive- especially since it's the same 2 guys over and over, doing and saying the same exact things every time. Floyd doesn't even show any training footage, **** is like real house hoes of Vegas featuring Floyd Mayweather.

I'd much rather just see training footage and hear the coaches talk about fight strategy.

Comment

This proves pac is not the cash cow he use to be. When people stop caring about mayweather it hurt mAnny to. Mays coward ness ruined everything

Comment

I respect what you do Jake, but damn, your articles are like 85% filler. I'm always finding myself having to skim everything other than a tiny quote with new info. I guess you're providing exposition for non hardcore fans who run into your articles. Could still use some condensation though.

Comment

Be honest HBO. The real reason you're condensing it is because other than Arum nobody gives 2 *****s about this fight. The ratings will be embarrassing just like the PPV buyrate will be embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                    X