Collapse
No announcement yet.

High risk low reward??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has always happened in boxing. Im thinking of how Robinson admitted not wanting to fight Charles Burley because he was high risk and low reward.

Maybe that was the exception, and now its the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Why don't you quit your job and do a much harder one for less money?
      I did that, best decision I ever made. Life gets stale if you don't take chances and just chase pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        This has always happened in boxing. Im thinking of how Robinson admitted not wanting to fight Charles Burley because he was high risk and low reward.

Maybe that was the exception, and now its the norm.
        ^This right here. It was more of an exception back then where as today it is becoming more and more the norm.

You can thank "superstars" like Floyd for setting the precedent of "preserving the 0" at all costs and making ridiculous amounts of money from it. New, aspiring fighters look to that and want to replicate that kind of success. Lowest risk for highest profit, Boxing is becoming more and more a like a corrupt business than a bloodsport.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
          I did that, best decision I ever made. Life gets stale if you don't take chances and just chase pennies.
          Yeah just to keep things fresh, I'm going to make myself poorer!

Comment

When it comes to thurman fans say that because they don't want to see there favorite fighter lose

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Yeah just to keep things fresh, I'm going to make myself poorer!
              "Harder" can also mean more meaningful/fun.

Comment

Its called PRIZE FIGHTING with and emphasis on prize. Do you think promoters, and networks are gonna go for that? Hey you can make 70mil or 7mil for training the same amount time because some fan in timbuktu believes he knows more about boxing and believes he knows what every other fan prefers...Floyd has beaten more world champions than ANYONE IN HISTORY and some hater believes all those champions and #1 contenders werent very good. Should you listen to those that hate you or reward those that loves you. No matter if Floyd fights Pac the people that hate him are still gonna hate him, why do anything for them? they gonna hate you no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                  "Harder" can also mean more meaningful/fun.
                  Being poor isn't fun

Comment

Originally posted by djcomplex View Post
                    the haymon era of boxing sucks
                    100% agree with this. Fighters don't want to fight the best anymore, just want to fight unworthy opponents to collect that check.

Comment

Posters thinking they would do things differently.
                      HAHAHA!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X