Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Eyes Rematch: I'm Looking at Adonis Stevenson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    And that incident where Dawson got beat by Dirrell in sparring was before he fought Adamek, I believe it was in preparation for the Adamek fight. Dirrell didn't even make a big deal about it. Sr was just venting off frustration because he was fired.

Chad looked different when he fought Hopkins, he was fighting flat-footed and not taking advantage of his height and reach. He was trying to fight Hopkins in the inside and he fell right into Hopkins trap, just poor preparation and poor strategy by Scully. At times he was charging at Hopkins which was unusual. It was only because of Chad's talent and physical skills that he was able to squeak out a decision against Hopkins.

Steward would have not allowed Chad to fight like that, Steward would have made Dawson fight tall and fleet-footed against Hopkins. Chad looked "poor" (he really didn't) against Diaconu because he was inactive for 9 months and Steward only trained Chad for 4 weeks, but he was still able to beat Diaconu decisively. So you can see how switching trainers has effected him. Chad was switching trainers a lot before he fought Adamek and that was okay against C and D level boxers, but once he got to the world class level, Chad needed a trainer that would discipline him and get him preprepared for fights. Switching trainers four or five times at the world class level just made him worse. He should have stuck with Floyd Sr or at least Steward. Scully and EM were not good for him. Now his confidence is just shot, it doesn't matter who trains him, he's not going to be competing at the world class level anymore.
    Have to disagree about Steward/Scully. Steward had Dawson crouching down and pressing forward against Diaconu as if he were some power puncher with a granite chin, giving up his height and reach. Against Hopkins, he fought more disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      Have to disagree about Steward/Scully. Steward had Dawson crouching down and pressing forward against Diaconu as if he were some power puncher with a granite chin, giving up his height and reach. Against Hopkins, he fought more disciplined.
      I agree with YOU, of course

I thought we fought a very good fight against B-Hop in the rematch...I dont know what "plan" Wizard thinks I had for the fight but he obviously isnt accurate. The original plan worked very well early on and the adjusted plan around the 5th round or so is what turned the tide and, trust be told, we won that fight clearly from that point on. And "experience at the championship level" is EXTREMELY overrated, especially when u take every fight seriously and consider them all extremely important fights. When you're in that corner it honestly doesnt matter if it is a 4 round prelim on a club show or a 12 round world title fight on PPV.

Comment

I thought Dawson fought great vs Hopkins and adamek

In those fights he looked to be a legit p4p guy

Comment

Adonis would win again

Comment

Chad must enjoy getting pimp slapped by stevenson, he keeps coming back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              I agree with YOU, of course

I thought we fought a very good fight against B-Hop in the rematch...I dont know what "plan" Wizard thinks I had for the fight but he obviously isnt accurate. The original plan worked very well early on and the adjusted plan around the 5th round or so is what turned the tide and, trust be told, we won that fight clearly from that point on. And "experience at the championship level" is EXTREMELY overrated, especially when u take every fight seriously and consider them all extremely important fights. When you're in that corner it honestly doesnt matter if it is a 4 round prelim on a club show or a 12 round world title fight on PPV.
              Yeah, that's how I remember it. Hopkins was getting rough and dirty in the 4th or 5th round and it looked for a moment that Dawson was letting it get to him, but whatever was said in the corner quickly put an end to it and Hopkins never got back into the fight. The game plan was perfect. I'm not sure what else anyone could ask for. It must be a fun job.. especially when a fight plays out like it was planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                Yeah, that's how I remember it. Hopkins was getting rough and dirty in the 4th or 5th round and it looked for a moment that Dawson was letting it get to him, but whatever was said in the corner quickly put an end to it and Hopkins never got back into the fight. The game plan was perfect. I'm not sure what else anyone could ask for. It must be a fun job.. especially when a fight plays out like it was planned.
                yeah, its a great game to be in (MOST of the time LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                  yeah, its a great game to be in (MOST of the time LOL)
                  With a fair referee, Hopkins would have been disqualified for his repeated deliberate headbutts in the Dawson II fight.

And lost by DQ for for pretending to be injured in the first fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X