No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade On Turning Down Matt Korobov & Kirkland Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    2 months really isn't gonna matter, but korobov is a legit fight, plus it's for a vacant belt...
    No one else is bringing a belt to the table for Andrade..

Ggg is so far ahead of Andrade... Ggg is headlining hbo shows, doing big numbers and is an emerging superstar.. Andrade is a guy that just went from prospect to paper champ and isn't anywhere near headline yet
    I disagree about GGG he isn't that big and I don't rate anybody be beat as much better than Vanes. The difference between them is hype not what has actually been proven in the ring.

Korobov is a nothing, beating anybody would be the same to the general public as beating Korobov, I don't consider that fight very legit at all because I don't rate Korobov.

Andrade already has a belt that he won over Vanes who is like the exact same guy as Korobov~ why would this fight do anything different for Andrade~ as his next fight will be on HBO anyway.

Comment

He said he'd gladly fight Kirkland on the Canelo undercard. He said the he Korobov fight not happening is just about the money. It's boxing man. Dudes just wanna get paid.

Comment

Andrade is not a star, so any fight he gets that puts him in the public eye is needed and will only enhance his profile and future paychecks.

Some of these dudes these days just make me shake my head. They see Floyd and Manny getting multi-million paydays and expect the same. A belt alone will not make you mega rich. You need loyal fans, who are willing to pay to see you and you will need hundreds of thousands of them. To get them you need to fight, and impress us while taking risks.

Comment

Andrade, just another overrated "boxer" who won't be able to hang with the elite. Trout 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I disagree about GGG he isn't that big and I don't rate anybody be beat as much better than Vanes. The difference between them is hype not what has actually been proven in the ring.

Korobov is a nothing, beating anybody would be the same to the general public as beating Korobov, I don't consider that fight very legit at all because I don't rate Korobov.

Andrade already has a belt that he won over Vanes who is like the exact same guy as Korobov~ why would this fight do anything different for Andrade~ as his next fight will be on HBO anyway.
            Andrade doesn't have the hype that ggg has because he dpisnt taking all the fights,,,

Macklin, Rubio, geale, Stevens, etc aren't going to make you a star but fighting all of them does build your name and push you towards stardom.. Just because korobov isn't going to make a huge impact, fights like those consistently allows you to raise your profile just like it did for ggg and young cotto...

The only way for Andrade to get major fights is by fighting these lower level fights on a regular schedule... If not you turn into quillen, a champ for a few years, that no one knows and he can't headline... That's the oath andadre is on

Comment

He pulled out of the fights because he knows his bum ass would have gotten wrecked by both Kotobov and Kirklamd. And the kicker is he would have gotten peanuts to get beat up by both guys.

He knows he's not good enough to build his brand, like you guys are saying. He would take the lousy payday if he thought he could win these fights.

He knows he's trash.

Comment

I can understand Korobov but Kirkland, I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

macklin and especially geale were much better. they beat top fighters. vanes should have lost to ouma and lara. nothing really on his resume. if he beats glass jaw willie nelson that will be his best win lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    He pulled out of the fights because he knows his bum ass would have gotten wrecked by both Kotobov and Kirklamd. And the kicker is he would have gotten peanuts to get beat up by both guys.

He knows he's not good enough to build his brand, like you guys are saying. He would take the lousy payday if he thought he could win these fights.

He knows he's trash.
                    Pretty much this. Paper champ just like Quillin.
                    Shame on the guy trying to overrate Vanes just so Andrade looks like he's done anything.

Comment

From what I have seen of him he is just a pretty good fighter but not the best at 154 or 160. Both of these weights have fighters like Lara, Canelo and GGG that would easily beat him. He is maybe a little better than Kirkland but he should have taken that fight if the money was fair. Winky Wright did indeed miss out on some good opportunities and pay days because he over valued himself and Ward seems to think he is worth more than he really is.

Comment

Working...
                      X