No announcement yet.

Luis Ortiz vs. Ruslan Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Ortiz vs. Ruslan Chagaev

The WBA has ordered negotiations to begin.

What's your prediction?
    Ortiz by decision
    25.00%
    Ortiz by KO/TKO
    68.75%
    Chagaev by decision
    0.00%
    Chagaev by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

The fight will be for the "regular" WBA title.

The winner will be Wladimir Klitschko's WBA mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      The fight will be for the "regular" WBA title.

The winner will be Wladimir Klitschko's WBA mandatory.
      I think the winner will have another mandatory challenge in that time too,Wlad has 18months to face the winner from the date the WBA regular champion acquires the belt.Ortiz is a good fight,I hope he wins.

I rated Chagaev highly but clearly he isn't half the man he used to be.Ortiz may eek past him,it'll be tough.Depends if Chagaev trains properly or not,hopefully Kadyrov puts the fear up him,and he he gets on the treadmill.mofo be looking like cross between Dan Rafael and Gary Shaw.thorougly disappointed with his conditioning,so unprofessional,he didn't deserve a title on the back of his last performance.

I'll be rooting for Ortiz just to see a different challenger for Wladimir alone,I neither like or dislike Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        I'll be rooting for Ortiz just to see a different challenger for Wladimir alone,I neither like or dislike Ortiz.
        That's pretty much how I feel about it too.

I think Ortiz will win easily, and then he'll be a worthy challenger for Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          That's pretty much how I feel about it too.

I think Ortiz will win easily, and then he'll be a worthy challenger for Klitschko.
          It really depends which Ruslan shows up,he really was underrated,I don't think the same can be said now as he has let himself turn into a human hamburger.I was really hopeful he could return and legitimately give good account of himself,I remember watching Chagaev vs Povetkin on a crappy feed in a language I wasnt familiar with and at the time I thought Chaaev beat Povetkin.it was one of those fights I didn't want to see a loser.

Not saying i desired to see Chagaev face Wlad again and certainly not in his present condition.I just wanted Chagaev to fulfill his potential,he is kind of like Haye in regards to his career could have been so much more.the guy clearly beat Valuev whereas Haye blatantly struggled,those two fighting would saved us having to see Haye fight Wladimr.

Comment

Chagaev passed his expiration date years ago...if he wins then Ortiz was never worthy to begin with

Comment

I think Ortiz is the real deal. He's very a skilful and sharp boxer who has speed and good power. I've never been high on Chagaev; he's a cagey southpaw with decent boxing skills but dismal power and lacks the killer instinct - he's the definition of mediocrity.

I got Ortiz via early round knockout

Comment

I dont think i've ever seen Chagaev really hurt even when he fought Wlad with his 7" height advantage.

If Chagaev wants to even be merely recognised as a player in the HW division he needs to seriously lose some weight, his 20KO's have came against mediocre opposition so why he was ever billed as "White Tyson" I have no idea.

Comment

Chagaev looked just awful against Oquendo. If Ortiz is a true 12 round fighter he should win big.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Chagaev looked just awful against Oquendo. If Ortiz is a true 12 round fighter he should win big.
                    chagaev looked so soft in that fight. pisses me off when fighters take meaningful fights and clearly don't prepare well for them. us boxing fans pay the bill and suffer from it. chageav looked so solid in the ruiz and valuev victories but he's been sliding downhill ever since and laziness hasn't helped it any

Comment

Working...
                    X