Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.i.p.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Y'all need to STFU and get off your high horses. This is a boxing forum. Its also a boxing forum where nobody knows Goosen or his family personally. Therefore there's no personal loss. And there's no one to console. Its always sad when somebody dies. But from a boxing fan's perspective. The major story coming outta this is how will it affect Andre Ward.
      I'm not going to lie, my first thought was, "Dan Goosen, Andre Ward's Dan Goosen".

Comment

R.I.P. Mr. Dan Goosen.

It would be great if this thread is kept respectful to Goosen and his legacy. And to keep the Andre Ward situation separate.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          I don't get it, why would Goosen and Ward be bothering with lawsuits in Dan's last dying days???!! WTF?? RIP.
          It's my understanding that Ward brought the lawsuit first and Goossen answered. It'll be interesting to see what Ward has to say now that Dan is gone. I've never really known what to make of him, calling himself "SOG". I've only heard of one Son of God, and his name is not Andre Ward. RIP, Mr. Goossen.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            RIP, hopefully his family and friends can get through this
            RIP. One of the first promoters I ever interviewed. On another note, WTF is up with Andre Ward?? Thats pretty brutal behavior if you ask me. This man was dying, and you were crushing him in the media? Tying him up in court, while remaining inactive.

Of course it is easy to attack a dying man, thats why we never heard to much coming back from Dan, Andre Ward lost a lot of respect today.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
              R.I.P. Mr. Dan Goosen.

It would be great if this thread is kept respectful to Goosen and his legacy. And to keep the Andre Ward situation separate.
              No disrespect intended. But, the Andre Ward situation is all I'm concerned about. I respect Dan and what he did. But I didn't know him. My life isn't affected. And I'll sleep like a baby tonight. If it sounds harsh, I'm sorry. But my only connection to the man was what he did in boxing. At the time of his death, the Ward situation was at the forefront of my concerns for the man. So yes, that's what I care about most now. And I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Comment

Wow, this freaking sucks. RIP Mr. Goosen.

Comment

Is it true that he only got the diagnosis very recently?

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
                    Leave it to some idiot like you to make such a bonehead statement. Nobody gives a **** about Ward. They didn't before today and they don't today, and they won't tomorrow. Dan Goosen passed today. He has a wife and family, this process must have been tough to endure. Show some respect to them. Nobody cares about this diva Ward.
                    OMG... Be quiet hater. This is a boxing website. Everyone cares about how the death of Ward's promoter that he has been in a long standing contractual conflict with is going to affect Ward's career and if we will see him in the ring again soon because of it. You're just being overly emo and ridiculous. After all Ward is one of the best in the sport and I know that a lot of people want to see him fight again. Ward is a class act and has done nothing other than be a top pound for point fighter and try to get out of his contract with his promoter to deserve all of the hate he gets. And with how bad the Raiders are... doing we need Ward back in the ring again out here in Oakland. Lol...

Comment

• Rest In Peace, Dan Goossen.
                      Last edited by secondsin; 09-29-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X